What is Roon's Greatest Strength or Best Core Feature

Definitely the customer service.

Personalised attention from a developer and individual analysis of logs, usually within 24 hours of complaint, is very good customer service in my experience. Auralic and Witopia are the only other software companies I have dealt with who provide equivalent or better service. Which software publishers would you rate ahead of Roon for customer service ?

Okay, I was a little grumpy. A bit under the weather today is my only excuse. Mike has contacted me and we are working on my loading issues through messaging. I am very hopeful to get to the bottom of my issues. Love the interface so I guess that’s the strongest to me, I wouldn’t fight to get it to work if the meta data and interface weren’t so amazing.

1 Like

Yes the customer service is fantastic. The greatest strength is the VIVID sound quality and the wonderful graphical user interface.

Wow - how’s this for a late reply! :smiley:

Bill, I’m not sure what you mean - I’m saying that when I “offline” or “download” an album on Tidal, it should show up in my overview. But unless I “favorite” as well on Tidal, it won’t. BTW, DTS Play-Fi works the same way - offlined tracks don’t show up in my favorites. I just think it’s logical that if I offlined it, why not add it to my list automatically.

I LOVE Tidal for discovery and listening to new music to see if I like it enough to buy - and then I usually buy it in hi-res. That being said - being able to “disable” Tidal in the setting is great. .

I don’t know if that switch was there back in July, but it works like a charm. It doesn’t seem to take long to drop Tidal and reload again.

Thank you Roon!

It’s been several months, the Roon team has fixed any quibbles I had in the Tidal arena.

Users can download Tidal tracks using an iOS device, but Roon cannot play them from the iOS device. That would be some good work between Dev teams.

Spotify and Apple Music save tracks to the phone, wether they are local to your computer or remote to the streaming subscription service. Roon and Tidal do not support this yet.

For a small team, I think the Roon Dev team are doing a wonderful job.

2 Likes