What is the difference between Bluesound Vault 2i and bluesound vault via Airplay in Settings/audio? My bluesound vault 2i option is not working and I have to use vault via airplay. Isn’t the basic bluesound option the best for audio?

Roon Core Machine

Windows operating system. Levono, yoga laptop. DESKTOP-2EMPKVT. Windows 10. 80v5. 8 GB Ram,

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Att router with Meshforce booster.

Connected Audio Devices

iPad, I phone, bluesound vault 2i.

Number of Tracks in Library

5338 tracks

Description of Issue

I can’t get Roon to play through my Bluesound Vault 2i. I does work through “Other Network Devices” option Vault via AirPlay.
Why won’t roon ready bluesound device option work when enabled?

I have a Vault 2i and it works beautifully through the native Roon (RAAT) streaming path. A couple of things to try: Use the BluOS app to connect to the Vault and make sure the firmware is updated. Next, shut down the Vault, unplug from power for a minute, and restart it. Then see if it’s visible in Roon settings to be enabled.

Thank you Andy, The icon is visible in Roon settings it just doesn’t work and I have to use the Vault via airplay. I’ll try your suggestion on firmware update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.