What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

Joan Armatrading presenting her new Album

Just booked tickets to see The House of Love at the Roundhouse. Playing their 1988 debut in its entirety. Can’t wait.

1 Like

Wynton Marsalis and his band at the Hollywood Bowl on my birthday September 20th.

Went to see William Basinski perform at a local church yesterday. I wish the seats would have been more comfortable.

That brought something to mind told to me by Brooks Williams. He says, he always checks out the worst seats in the house to help gauge how long he is going to play at a given venue.
Bring your own cushion next time lol great music is worth it…

Tord Gustavsen Trio, Warwick Arts Centre (UK). Excellent.

3 Likes

Nice, gonna see them in a couple of weeks as well. :slight_smile:

John Grant in Brighton on Monday evening. Start of the UK tour.

Brilliant as always. Such a talent.

2 Likes

King Crimson, Symphony Hall, Birmingham, yesterday night.

Simply extraordinary. They played brilliantly, and the sound was superb (as expected). And…three drummers!

Sorry for the poor photo.

1 Like

Last week I was able to catch The Whisky Priests (folk/rock band from Durham) in Vienna (as part of their 2018 reunion tour). Unfortunatly the sound at the venue was not really good. It was fun anyway and we had a lot of beer :beers:

Tonight I’ll catch the Levellers (they are celebrating their 30th anniversary).

2 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting

This was taken during their track Progress from the album Every Valley and features Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura and also now of Tracyanne and Danny (who where the support act)

…at the Royal Albert Hall

It was a great gig, and although I don’t like all of their stuff they were very engaging and energetic live. And they played all the tracks that I do like! :sunglasses:

They closed the gig with a male voice choir, who were great and sounded fantastic in the Royal Albert Hall. The acoustics in that place are just incredible.

1 Like

Miloš Karadaglić, Warwick Arts Centre, yesterday evening.

He played a nicely-chosen set of pieces, my favourites being Carlo Domeniconi’s “Koyunbaba” suite closely followed by Villa-Lobos Preludes 1 & 4.

Royal Festival Hall last night.
8 double basses and extra horns for Janacek’s Sinfonietta.

1 Like

Maceo Parker Band , November 9 2018 Grenswerk Venlo the Netherlands.

3 Likes

Off to the House of Love in Camden. Looks like a months Rain is falling, been soaked through once snd has to go back home and get changed. I hope this is a great gig. Soaking no2 incoming.

Well that was not worth the price of entry. Absolute rubbish been to better pib gigs. Feeling ripped off. That bad left before they finished playing the first set. So disappointed as I love the album this tour is intended to celebrate.

Last week Human League, lovely eighties songs enjoying with my friends.

Also, a fantastic support act Shelter:

And yesterday with my daughter SYML in a church:

1 Like

Kurt Vile, Vicars Street, Dublin. Excellent musicianship, not a great stage persona but the crowd didn’t seem to mind. As his says on one of his songs, a one trick pony, but it’s a damn fine trick.

.sjb

3 Likes

Off to see Dee Dee Bridgewater in MPLS on Monday.

U2 Saturday 10th November, last night of 4 in Dublin’s 3Arena, and penultimate City of the 4-year long ‘Experience + Innocence’ World tour.

Show details: https://www.u2.com/tour/date/id/45561537
They made the 3Arena feel like a much smaller venue, particularly when the last 3 times in Dublin have been in Croke Park (circa 90,000 stadium). Last person that did that for me, was when George Micheal played in Nov, 2011.

So from the Joshua Tree tour in July 2017

1 Like