What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

What do you think of Bono’s words, a few days ago, the end of U2?

Bono: "we’ve been on the road for quite some time, just going on 40 years, and this last 4 years have been really something very special for us. We’re going away now…"

I believe statements like this have been said before, for last 30-years, after each major tour - and then they are back, a few years later for another tour with a new album, and all is right again.

Big bands never retire these days, they are too greedy for the big bucks these tours brings in, as it replaces revenue from the dwindling sales of music…

Well I’m off to see Sean Taylor supported by Hollie Rogers Saturday in the Red Lion in Manningtree. No big bucks there but great musicians making a living.

That was great, new songs from both Hollie and Sean. Some never played live before and not officially finished. Amazing…

We”ll see. Saw them in 1985 in Werchter. Got lost after Zooropa I think, wanted to see them again in the Netherlands, but did not manage to get tickets.

The Human League, Ostend, Belgium, 11/17/2018.
New Wave/Elektro-Pop. They were fantastic and Phillip Oakey, what a powerfull voice!

2 Likes

I had a great time with the support act Shelter too.

Bernstein and Copeland - The Pasadena Symphony at the Ambassador Auditorium Sunday 11/17/18

Saw Jose James at the Troubadour in Los Angeles earlier this month.
Here is a picture with him(I had a VIP admission)

2 Likes

Gary Numan orchestral at the Albert Hall London.

Exceeded expectations…the orchestral arrangements for the main synth parts was just awesome.

3 Likes

Gary Numan and The Skaparis Orchestra
Royal Albert Hall - Monday 19th November 2018

Same concert as @ncpl above and same view from Loggia box 24, funny that!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Just got home from seeing Don Gallardo with his great band. First set, original songs with one brand new first ‘earring…
second set, a tribute selections of songs from The Last Waltz… :wink:

This is one we recorded earlier and they played it again tonight.

Been to Avishai Cohen on Wednesday. Came with his trio tour, Elchin Shirinov on piano. Small venue, but it was packed with fans. Great performance, especially percussionist Itamar Doari is amazing to watch live! Awesome experience, rarely seen a trio so connected.
Check out this clip to see what they do.

2 Likes

Jeffrey Martin in Coggeshall Vinyard. A very intimate venue organised by James Partridge Blue House Music.

Luckily I had a front seat with Stan from The Little Rabbit Barn. A legend amongst those who know him…

The Breeders!

2 Likes

Tord Gustavsen Trio last night. They presented their album “The Other Side”. The live performance, however, was much more personal and intimate. They tap into some powerful emotions when playing, really good stuff.

This is Tord and his drummer writing some autographs after the concert.

3 Likes

The close as I can get to the Velvet Underground: John Cale with a magnificent encore, I’m waiting for the Man.

2 Likes

Saw Steve Wilson last night in Baltimore. Excellent show. Especially because he played “Don’t Hate Me.” Wonderful show.

1 Like

Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin at the Bimhuis in Amsterdam.

Brilliant venue. Excellent concert – and then some. Very nice guy to chat with as well.

5 Likes

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful evening.

(Sadly there seem to be no UK dates in the near future.)

1 Like