What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

Salvatore Adamo
Nils Frahm
Tomorow, Nile Rodgers featuring Chic! (Third time this year) but it’s still a great party… woop woop!

1 Like

Yesterday I went to an afternoon concert in which Lucas Jussen played Saint-Saëns 5th Piano Concerto with Het Gelders Orkest. I enjoyed it very much.

Also on the program were the orchestral suites of Daphnis et Chloé, but what was a revelation to me was the opening piece: Stravinsky’s Chant Funèbre. This was composed in 1909 as a memorial to his teacher Rimsky-Korsakov, but the score was lost. It was only rediscovered in the spring of 2015. Worlds away from the Rite, which was to follow a scant few years afterwards, but a beautiful memento mori.

3 Likes

Yesterday A Perfect Circle. Happy that Maynards voice was there. No James Iha who pulled out of this APC tour to prepare for the 75% reunion of The Smashing Pumpkins.

Support Act was Chelsea Wolfe. Hmmm…, did not know her, great voice, but not exactly “happy” music. Still I liked it.

Looking forward to Tool in June and just bought tickets for the Pumpkins for the week before.

4 Likes

Orbital: Saturday 08th December, Belasco Theatre, Los Angeles.

1 Like

IQ’s Xmas bash in Islington, 14th Dec:

2 Likes

Last night saw PP Arnold at the Atheneum in Melbourne.

Davey Lane was solo support (Melbourne’s own Nils Lofgren !) and at the end was joined by his “better 3/4” for a YouAmI cover of “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere”. Great stuff:

Pat kept Tim, Andy and Rusty from YouAmI (What’s Davey ? Chopped liver ?) and added James Black (keyboards only) and two Wolfgramme Sisters. Killer band.

Pat was in fine voice and it was fascinating listening to her describe her career. Highlights for me were the Aretha tribute (Chain of Fools, Respect, Natural Woman), cover of Traffic’s Medicated Goo, Tin Soldier and the final song of the night, written with her son, I Believe.

King’s Consort & Choir performing wonderful Händel’s Messiah.

1 Like

Getting ready for Kix tonight at Rams Head Live! for the 30th Anniversary Concert of Blow My Fuse…

1 Like

I have just spent the weekend with friends at Midwinterfest sponsered by W21 Music (You can find plenty of pics and videos on their Facebook page.

It was so good, plenty of highlights one being Adam Sweet and his band covering Peter Green’s Green Manalishi and Oh Well! Playing a fine Duesenberg Guitar.

Peter Donegan (Lonnie’s Son) played a great set including an amazing tribute to his father. Albert Lee’s son played piano here.
I spoke to him afterwards and he noticed the Little Rabbit Barn logo on my T shirt. Ahh, he says… I have been trying to get a gig there for ages… I think he would go down well :joy:Such is Fame… A really nice guy.
Jefferson Ross is an amazing singer songwriter, they hope to book him for a bigger set next year. On Tidal.
The swing commanders and Lowly Strung are two bands that have to be seen to be believed.

My last concert was Mahler’s 2nd symphony with Andris Nelsons and the Berlin Philharmonic. Really great performance! Luckily I have a recording in Roon and can relive it :slight_smile:
BTW look at the dynamic range - it was probably the loudest classical concert I have ever heard, going from very quiet to heartattack.

2 Likes

Carducci Quartet at Leamington Spa Town Hall.

Mozart Quartet in C K465 ‘Dissonance’
Philip Glass Quartet No 5
Shostakovich Quartet No 2 in A Op 68

Top notch!

1 Like

The Japanese House
Trix - Antwerp 28/01

Fairport Convention in Tewkesbury.

These timeless pioneers of English folk rock are still at the top of their game some 50 years down the line - wonderful stuff.

We have just got in from sitting at the feet of Danni Nicholls as she performed an intimate house concert in Billericay (Billericay Dickie fame, thanks Ian Dury)
She debuted some new music from the soon to be released album and some old favs too.
It was wonderful.

Something we filmed a couple of years ago in Norwich .

1 Like

Upstairs Soulparty at Fasching, Stockholm, Sweden. Soul and disco classics from the 60’s and 70’s. What an evening!

2 Likes

That looks fun in the front row…

1 Like

Two for one special!

First:

Lots of fun!

Second:

Opening act:

Very enjoyable rockabilly band.

Marcia and band:

Concert took place in an old and very beautiful church. And Marcia Ball was great, as she usually is.

a

Lubomyr Melnyk by an old mill in the south of Sweden

Christian Lappalainen and his projekt of doing Acid versions of traditional Swedish songs. Set in a church in Nørrebro in Copenhagen.