What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

Oz Noy, with Dave Weckl, and Jimmy Haslip, was awesome !!!

John Grant, last night in The Bord Gais Theatre, Dublin.
Last night of his tour - excellent.
No photos, sorry

However, I can offer a published review at https://nomoreworkhorse.com/2019/04/01/john-grant-bord-gais-energy-theatre-31-03-19-live-review/

Just seen Jo Harman in Harwich Church with her Trio of Emily Francis on Piano and Organ with Nat Martin on Guitar.
She sang, Will you still love me Tomorrow unplugged righ next to me. Lovely.

The venue

Jo unplugged

Beats watching TV on a Wednesday night for sure…

This is a good album if you want to know what she is about.

Wow, that was special… we hosted Tamara Stewart opening for Sniff and the Tears (Acoustic) It’s been 27 years… Paul Roberts and Les Davidson were joined by family members for a couple of songs also.
It was a pleasure to meet these guys and spend some time with them. They are shocked people are still interested and are looking to build on the acoustic thing.
Then we had Danni Nicholls playing songs from her soon the be released The Melted Morning Album. Danni is a great friend and supporter of us and she just keeps getting better and better. This time she was supported by our friends Thomas Dibb on Guitar and keys also Mark Lewis on Bass. They played on acousticaly after the curfew and had the whole house singing. Incredible.

Sniff and the Tears

Thomas Dibb

Danni Nicholls goes electric

The wonderful Tamara Stewart.

A link to my blog post from the gig.
https://www.littlerabbitbarn.com/danni-nicholls-sniff-n-the-tears-tamara-stewart-saturday-06-april-2019

I can’t believe I get to co host such amazing talent and such lovely people. Living the dream…

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in Columbus. It was an excellent show full of gems you’ve never heard live.

Royal Festival Hall, London
Performers

London Philharmonic Orchestra
Edward Gardner conductor
Stephen Hough piano

Repertoire

Debussy: Ibéria, No.2 from Images
Saint-Saëns: Piano Concerto No.5 (Egyptian)
Interval
Ravel: Ma mère l’oye (Mother Goose) Suite arr. for orchestra
Debussy: La mer

1 Like

I saw their first warm up Gig in Camden London, contemporary yet retro, weird and wonderful.

We finally got around to visiting Folk at The Froize as Tamara Stewart was appearing and she is special

Then after the magnificent food we had Josie Duncan and Pablo Lafuente playing some real Celtic folk music and they were astonishing. Not normally my first choice in music style, but this quality is something else.
It was Josie’s 24th birthday tonight and we were all happy to sing for her.

It’s a bit awkward taking pics when you are this close…

Lucy Rose, Liberty Hall, Dublin

2 Likes

Snarky Puppy last night. Such a tight band. Michael League is a bad bad man on bass :grin:

5 Likes

So Michael League said Snarky Puppy’s gig the very next night would be a completely different set… so… round #2 :grin:

1 Like

Also last night… the amazing Norah Jones

Also last night… Gary Clarke Junior… here he is mid orgasm, eyes rolling to the back of his head :grin:

I think we all eargasmed multiple times, during all his solo riffs

Also last night… the star of the night… Tash Sultana :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Santana. Last night. Nashville. First time. Mind blown.

4 Likes

Couple nights ago… Tommy Emmanuel… this guy cannot be human…

And Colin Hay and band had the crowd hyped. Incredible.

2 Likes

The great ones tend to have that effect on us mere mortals.

2 Likes

Joe Jackson, Olympia Theatre, Dublin.
Last night of the European Tour celebrating 40 years since ‘Look Sharp!’ was released.
During “Is she really going out with him?”

3 Likes

Ahh, Bluesfest!

I’ve spent more time with some of the lesser known (or completely unknown) artists and had a ball:

Larkin Poe, Melody Angel, Marcus King. All artists I’d never heard of.

My pick of the festival; Paul Kelly. What an absolute pleasure to be there.

2 Likes

Bugger, I had to leave Sunday morning so missed this!

I heard Gary Clarke Jr’s 2nd gig was even better than the one I saw. Not sure how that’s possible because he blew the tent roof off when I was there :grin:

Wish I saw Melody Angel too but there was too much to see in 3 days!

Gotta go the 5 days mate :wink:

1 Like

Tidal her.