What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

Scott Mulvahill
GiG Performance Space - Santa Fe, NM, USA - April 25, 2019

Incredibly talented musician!

The quality of unknown (to the mainstream) artists is amazing as I find out with every new artist we host at The Little Rabbit Barn. Live music has never been so good and varied…

I agree,

I actually walked away from some of the big name artists at the festival only to be blown away by the lesser known ones. Norah Jones for instance nearly put me to sleep in the space of five songs. She might be good at what she does (She is) but there’s good and then there’s entertaining. Each to his own but I go to a festival to have fun.

2 Likes

Zrazy, in the Whale theatre in Greystones, Co. Wicklow. Wonderful gig in a rather delightful venue. Maria has one of those vulnerable Jazz voices ( think a touch of Billie Holiday infused with Tracey Thorn). Intimate, informal, virtuoso playing, what live music is all about really. No artifice at all.

.sjb

2 Likes

Tomorrow May 4th we are hosting The Luck and Hannah Aldridge with the Goat Roper Rodeo Band.

The Luck

Having spent all day preparing the venue, I can’t wait…

Well that was a great fun gig The Luck, brother and sister Max and Esmay Luck were amazing live, there is something about sibling harmonies…

Followed by the last gig of this tour of Hannah Aldridge with the welsh band The Goat Roper Rodeo.
That was so much fun…

A supergroup finalé with regular supporter Stan and Alan (The Hat) on BV’s

You can’t bottle it, you have to go to the gigs…

My review is here

https://www.littlerabbitbarn.com/hannah-aldridge-the-goat-roper-rodeo-band-the-luck-saturday-04-may-2019

Last night at Hammersmith…terrific.

1 Like

I confirm, I was there too Saturday.

150 minutes of great music with Glen Hansard and his band at the Philharmonic Hall in Cologne.

We just enjoyed the Lo Fi experience that is John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett at the Colchester Arts Centre.
You just have to see these guys as nothing can prepare you for what occurs… :sunglasses:

For the completist

Neil Young solo. Keller Auditorium, Portland, OR

6 Likes

Kitty Macfarlane at Warwick Arts Centre (UK) yesterday evening. Excellent, as always!

Johnny Marr in London, ON, Canada a couple weeks back…

3 Likes

The Raconteurs in Cologne, Germany yesterday. Phone-free event, so no pictures available. Show was great.

4 Likes

Meshell Ndegeocello
The Studio, National Concert Hall, Dublin, Ireland.
This evening, sorry no photos, so Roon’s Artist photo

2 Likes

Mark Knopfler at Resorts World Arena, Birmingham UK.
Utterly superb performance, and a sound quality to die for.

2 Likes

Cracking gig last night, Paul Brady and Theo Katzman. Basically they got jamming and had so much fun, decided to tour it. And the fun is infectious and shared. Limerick on Monday and Belfast on Tuesday and I’d certainly recommend it to anyone in either area.

.sjb

1 Like

I have just got in from hosting Chasing Summer, Natalie Shay and then to top it all Dean Owens with Jim Maving on Guitar and Mandolin & Tom Collison on Hammond Organ and Bass. They are touring as Dean Owen and The Southerners. You just have to catch them live as they were sensational.

Dean Owens in fine voice

Jim Maving and Dean rocking the place

Tom Collison receiving a well earned tipple for his multi instrumental talents.

That was just so much fun, better than any Hi Fi could deliver anywhere…

It’s nice when an artist uses your own guitar for some tunes… Joseph Bamber, Chasing Summer.

After the gig, breakfast and clear up we had some down time.
Yours truly with the LRB team and Dean Owens and the Southerners. Tom Collison and Jim Maving…

Tobias Ben Jacob and Lucas Drinkwater (Emily Barker Fame) Played St Nicholas Church in Harwich Essex tonight and they were incredible.

We were so lucky to enjoy such beautiful sound also.

Latest album is on Tidal

Eddie Vedder in Amsterdam, earlier this month.

As a young boy Pearl Jam’s Ten album was of huge importance in my life.

Now I saw Eddie together with my 12 year old son. It was amazing, on so many levels :sunny:

3 Likes