What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

Saw Yes tonight at Wolf Trap. Jon was in great voice after he warmed up a bit, about a half hour into the show. Wakeman can still play. Was great to see him break out the keytar during Owner of a Lonely Heart. Great Show.

Set List below:

Cinema From 90125
Perpetual Change From The Yes Album
Hold On From 90125
South Side of the Sky From Fragile
And You and I From Close to the Edge
Changes From 90125
Rhythm of Love From Big Generator
I am Waiting From Talk
Heart of the Sunrise From The Yes Album
Awaken From Going for the One
Owner of a Lonely Heart From 90125

===Encore===

Roundabout From Fragile

2 Likes

I thought the tour was cancelled because Howe’s son passed away?

Wrong Yes. This is the Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin Yes. The one that canceled the tour was the Howe/White Yes.

Aah, yes. :wink:

Ok. Not live, but semi live. Just watched David Gilmour’s ‘Live at Pompeii’ in a movie theatre equipped with Dolby Atmos.

Stunning. Simply that. The guy is 71, but he plays as in his best days.

Left the theatre with mixed emotions. Had a great evening, but I also realised that this might be the last time I saw him ‘live’.

I saw Rhiannon Giddens tonight at Purdue. Those albums are not assembled in the studio. She is legitimately THAT talented and everything you hear her sing on that record she can do live. Why she hasn’t sold a kajillion records is a mystery to me.

2 Likes

We saw her with the Carolina Chocklate drops and they/she were impressive. Some folks at the front were trying to do trad dance, mid encore, she put her violin down went over to them and performed an exhaustive demo to the delight of all. She left the stage exhausted. Amazing!

Andras Schiff playing Bach and Bartok at Saffron Hall.

My partner nailed it when she said he looked and spoke like your favourite geography teacher. An absolutely lovely person, very humble despite his talent, and gave a genuinely illuminating talk about the music before he played it.

And what playing; I’ve long been a serious admirer of his work, particularly Bach, so to hear it in the flesh was just wonderful.

Saffron Hall is very good too. Built with a £10m donation from a philanthropist, it’s a world class hall with acoustics to die for. But built onto a local state school; in the day it’s their school hall, come the evening a fantastic concert venue. Well worth checking out ( it’s not just classical music).

https://saffronhall.com/

Ooh, and she’s here in the UK in a month;s time. Need to see if SWMBO is interested (may well be)

You won’t regret it. She sticks mostly to Freedom Road, but that isn’t a bad thing although I had hoped for some Gaelic. But her message on race is spot on and altogether inspired.

Danny and the Champions of the World at Scala Kings Cross London. Bloody Brilliant seven piece.
My friend Tom Collison is playing keys with them this tour so it was nice to catch up with him and the Lovely Hannah Rose Platt in the audience. Hannah is an amazing artist

Check this out. Play the track, Little Screws

Monterey Jazz Festival last weekend
Below is Brad Melhdau and Chris Thiele

1 Like

Had an evening to kill in Belgrade on Friday - I checked out Texas Flood, a local Serbian Hendrix cover band.

Take a look at this video from last year - the guy can play! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgJ4w7mqdYY

Bob Seger - The last show at The Palace of Auburn Hills before it closes it doors. Next up in the coming weeks, Alison Krauss and David Grey, then Mary Chapin Carpenter. Busy few weeks.

1 Like

Brooks Williams with Boo Hewardine, their State of the Union tour in Maldon Essex U.K.
That was front row seats at a great gig.

Not the lastest but the next two: Paris & London.

Sunday night at Hollywood Bowl
Solange, Blood Orange, Kelela, Moses Sumney and Kelsey Lu
Not a great picture:

We just hosted three amazing artists last night. Lenny from the Czech Republic who has recently signed to Universal in Germany. Such a great talent and personality.

Picture, Andy Sheard

Jess Klein with her Husband Mike June. Just incredible, Jess is an amazing performer and mike has that wonderful preacher voice to suit Americana music.

Photo Andy Sheard

Kara Grainger on one of her 9 UK tour dates with a top class band of seasoned session players. This lady can rock and play the blues. Some amazing slide guitar and gritty vocals…

That was an amazing gig from three class acts.

Last Night at Ford Theater and LA
Angel City Jazz Festival
Saw Monk’s Afro Cuban Dream with Dee Dee Bridgewater
Brian Lynch, Conrad Herwig, Manuil Valera, Ruben Rodriquez, Richie Flors and Robby Ameen

Also Monk DJ Style
with DJ Logic, Mark De Clive-Lowe, Deatoni Parks and Steve Lehman

Great Music the start of a two week festival at various sites honoring the hundredth anniversary of Monk’s birth

Gary Numan last night at the O2 in Bournemouth (UK).

Tracks from the new album sounding huge.

Top night.

1 Like