What is the point of having a device Roon Tested if the Roon-proposed configuration is wrong?

Case in point: my Technics SU-G30.

Max supported PCM sampling frequency: 384 kHz
MQA support: full decoder (decoder + renderer)

As proposed when I identify it via the Roon list:

Max supported PCM sampling frequency: 768 kHz (wrong)
MQA support: renderer only (wrong)

So why use that feature at all?

Hello @ricgf ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Looking over this device in our database, the USB max sample rate should be 384kHz, can you please share a screenshot of where you see otherwise?

I am also seeing Decoder + Renderer for this device in our system, you are saying that the decoder + renderer option is not selected in Device Setup?

Hi Noris,

Tks for reverting on this - my point was simply to indicate that, when selecting the device under the “Roon Tested” list, the settings above were originally shown (768 + renderer only), when the correct settings are, as you acknowledge above, 384 + decoder/renderer.

Not a huge deal, but annoying since the premise of “Roon Ready” or “Roon Tested” devices is to make set-up virtually automatic. In any case, the Technics is configured correctly on my end (384 + decoder/renderer), so no further issues to report.

OTOH, do you have any idea when iFi devices are gonna be shown on the Roon Tested list?

Hello @ricgf ,

Thank you for the additional details. I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, so thanks again for the report!

We cannot comment on the iFi certification status at this time.