What just happened to Roon?

It seems inconsistent. I had substantial problems in slowness before the last Roon-fix-release and that seemed to fix my issues mostly. Then I was at our other house where I had never had a problem before and it took about 60 seconds for the Overview page to open. So the issues seem less prevalent, but still possible, and not related to my own location or network in any perceptible fashion.

Hmmm… makes me wonder about possible causes, I have never had slow searches.

Possible differences I can think of:

• My Core is stopped every night and starts up in the morning so memory leak (if any) get resolved every night
  • My actual internet speed is the same as promised by my provider (400Mb/s)
  • I live in Europe and connection to Roon might be better (?)
  • My WiFi is quite good (1700 Mb/s)
  • My Core is on a relatively new Synology with good speed (DS218+, 6Gb)
  • My Core Library Index is on an SSD

That is all I can think of.

KR, Jeroen

Search was working perfectly well without latency before the last update and the addition of Qobuz. I have fibre to the premises, 300mb actual speed, which is more than ample. It could be infrastructure, however it’s unlikely as nothing else has changed, other than the software.

I have great WiFi, internet speeds and a solid internal and in the UK. These issues have cropped up in all countries across all os and core devices including the Nucleus. They all started with 1.6. If you remove the music services and have local library it never happens.