What MQA are we listening to [2020-2024]

Looking forward to a chance to enjoy the MQA of this album

https://i.imgur.com/iLWn43G.png

4 Likes

This is a good start, in MQA of course.

3 Likes

This is an amazing album in MQA with some great demo trackS if you like beautifully crafted Americana.

1 Like

I suggest anyone who is anti-MQA stay out of this thread.

11 Likes

10 Likes

This just dropped today in Tidal and sounds great so far in MQA

We hosted a young artist, Isabella Coulstock, last week who was inspired by Brandy and at a gig, by chance, was sitting next to her mother and they became friends. One of the side benefits of following your dream I suppose. She also covered Hold My hand from Brandy’s 12 stories album very well. Also in MQA.

Isabella Coulstock

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637196582251763932

It doesn’t get much better than this. My wife and I heard all this live in 1973. Probably my most memorable concert ever.

1 Like

Utterly hypnotic; one of the best piano albums in years.

The Gramphone review suggested:
“In terms of pianistic lineage, Ólafsson combines the fantasy of Maria João Pires and Martha Argerich with the contrapuntal élan of Piotr Anderszewski…DG’s engineers have done this remarkable musician proud. I can’t wait to hear what he does next.”

3 Likes

This is an MQA masterpiece

7 Likes

2 Likes

The Shires just released this in MQA Studio… 44.1/24

1 Like

listening to Tame Impala - The Slow Rush, they have 2 MQA versions, there’s a difference in both versions

and the Currents album, is it MQA Studio? I got a Currents album which is MQA Studio, the other one is MQA only.

I’ve been enjoying this one lately

4 Likes

and this one

1 Like

My life is now complete. This is now available in MQA

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637200578337249021

1 Like

I can’t stop playing these two, at total opposite ends of the spectrum:

And something older (2017), but new to me:

Great stuff, check it out…

2 Likes

Sounds so much better than the non-MQA versions on Tidal

8 Likes

Those Frank Sinatra albums of the period sound just amazing in MQA and go to show just how well they were recorded in the first place.

5 Likes

Kind of the golden age of studio recording, wasn’t it? Those boys really knew what they were doing.

1 Like