What MQA are we listening to [2020-2024]

Some AM radio hits sounding really nice in MQA.

6 Likes

Very nice classical guitar in 24/353.8 MQA.

2 Likes

Just started playing this and it pops out the speakers beautifully

4 Likes

I keep recommending this, but when Simon Mayo made it album of the week, today, and played ā€˜Loveā€™s Unkindā€™, I just had to go back to the 192K MQA versionā€¦just wonderful.

As with Chic, Donna Summer, via Moroder, is the disco that even prog fans can appreciate.

3 Likes

This is sounding niceā€¦

7 Likes

this is a lovely album.

1 Like

Get down and dirty in MQA Studio

5 Likes

This has been a long time comingā€¦

5 Likes

Cool crossover.

4 Likes

Whilst Iā€™m not quite sure of Andris Nelsonsā€™ abilities as a conductor, there is no denying that there is much to enjoy here, impressively recorded and thrilling in MQA.
Try the famous opening from ā€˜Also Sprach Zarathrustraā€™, Salomeā€™s ā€˜Dance of the Seven Veilsā€™, and the lovely ā€˜Rosenkavalier Suiteā€™.

3 Likes

Similarly not sure what to make of this recording of my favourite Mendelssohn Symphony; ā€˜Italianā€™ (No. 4)ā€¦is it too Italian?
Still, check out the last movement, which remains one of the most thrilling of all symphonies, after Beethoven 7.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Fresh sounding Remaster, now available in MQA, without Unplugged.

3 Likes

If you are one of the people who contributed to the 1.2billion views of the music video on You Tube, AND you love MQA, fate has smiledā€¦

Adding this Tidal link for the full 96K MQA Rick experience :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

MQA 192ā€¦

7 Likes

Some reviewers of classical music will speak highly of a performer who conveys ā€˜concentrationā€™.

Sokolov displays this in abundance, in a wonderful live album, for when you want to be drawn into something quiet, and in 96K MQA.

2 Likes

This is interesting.

Of the wave of younger conductors, I find NĆ©zet-SĆ©guin the most musical, and have enjoyed his Beethoven in the concert hall.

With the same orchestra that Harnoncourt conducted in his celebrated cycle, this could be very goodā€¦full cycle due mid-July. For now, one of Beethovenā€™s finest moments, in 192K MQA.

3 Likes