What MQA are we listening to [2020-2024]

That’s great…

hows the metallica mqa guys??

not available in U.S

1 Like

It’s good. I heard it a lot about 5 years ago when MQA was being demonstrated at various events. IIRC the MQA was 96/24. The recent release is 48k. I wonder if the original 96/24 DVDA was genuine hi-res or upsampled.
There is a definite improvement in my ears with the MQA cut. The DVDA is just so harsh.

1 Like

Just a song - but just outstanding.

1 Like

Hello dear Chris.

@Chrislayeruk

It’s been a long, longtime since I wrote anything on Roon!

I needed the rest from all writing, but I haven’t had any resting from Music…

I have worked with a Record Company CULT METAL CLASSICS.

CMC is Releasing almost only Hard Rock/Metal, NWOBHM how many Roon Users Knows what NWOBHM stands for?
It’s a name for the British Heavy Metal who started in the beginning of the 80’s,

NWOBHM = New Wave Of British Heavy Metal :love_you_gesture:.

Back In 1985 Sweden was I Working in a Recording Studio, as a Producer, Mixing and Mastering Engineer.

Except everything above, did I Singing The Lead Vocal on a project Sacrifice and we recorded 3 songs we’re 2 of them become Side A and B on a 7”Vinyl Single!

Please check our Website Page for more information. http://sacrificeproject.com/

Collectors paying between 400-600 Euro for the 7” Vinyl Single from 1985 (depending on the condition), but it’s not only in Sweden it’s in the hole world :love_you_gesture:.

Okay what have this MQA to do you may thinking?

The Record Company CULT METAL CLASSICS will release a 12” EP Vinyl, CD, and a 35TH Anniversary Edition Box including The 12” EP Vinyl, CD and a reissue of The 7” Vinyl Single from 1985 (Not Remastered) a T-shirt…

The Vinyl EP and CD is 3 Remastered Songs from 1985 also 2 New Recorded Songs from 2015 New Mixed 2020.

Also released on The Digital Music Streaming Service Platforms, Spotify, iTunes, Qobuz, TIDAL and many more…

Since I’m a huge fan and love MQA so did I contact them to ask if they could encoding, our Hi-Res Masters (48KHz 24bit ).

After a great mail conversation :grinning:.

So is our Hi-Res Masters now becomes MQA Music Files, I can hardly wait to listening on my own Music In MQA :love_you_gesture:
Of course are you all welcome to listen as well.

Some of you may wonder, if The Music only will come out as FLAC 44.1KHz 16bit 2ch and FLAC 48KHz 24bit 2ch MQA?
Well it’s mp3, ogg…
But I think that you mean Qobuz Hi-Res, Right!
I shall contact Qobuz and I hope that they will make it, because it’s already decided that The Music is gonna be on we’re Service!

But I don’t understand why so many people have been so negative against MQA “it’s only about money and so on…”?
We don’t have to pay anything for the encoding, any % of the Money we earning on TIDAL!
Give them any of our “Different Credits” to our Music or something like that!

The people who makes the encoding is sending me, encoded MQA files so I can listen and approve “The MQA Sound”!
Exactly like when our Vinyl is “Test Pressed” and “The CD” so I can listen and approve or maybe want to have something changed, before they goes to mass production!

Love & Respect

Anders Strenberg

3 Likes

I’ve been finding some of the MQA compilations from the decades not only sound great but are throwing up brilliant songs I barely have memory of. I don’t think I would have gone searching for a Sisters of Mercy song, yet found “This Corrosion” utterly mesmerising, and perhaps my ultimate COVID song. Whilst MQA seems to bring a massive forward momentum, the energy of the choir is just amazing. You may play track 5 on Floodland more than once at a time.

4 Likes

Someone in the MQA Facebook forums posted this. Great station. Had to do a search for MQA.CO.UK to find it

5 Likes

I put it in the Radio directory myself, I believe it’s a test channel

1 Like

The sound quality is amazing

1 Like

I can’t take credit for the sound quality :joy: But it is great.

1 Like

Early Slade in MQA wonderful

2 Likes

Eva Cassidy in MQA… nice…

4 Likes

Latest offering from Robbie Krieger

This is an amazing MQA recording. Just listen to that opening bass line… The critics have no real idea.

1 Like

1 Like

Great music, thanks for the tip. Not so great recording though. It’s compressed and loud as hell to my taste, although still acceptable by modern standards (which are pretty low).

In MQA… wow!!!

1 Like

3 Likes

44K MQA Master, this will give any hi res a run for its money…

3 Likes