What we are listening to [2018]

Same as above. A 2017 SACD remastering.

5 Likes

I was browsing Qobuz earlier and nearly fell off my chair in excitement when I saw this collaboration (and the ad/promotion in general):

I’m just having a listen via Tidal now before purchasing. I’m really liking it.

RoonShareImage-636592523400439430

4 Likes

Check out this fantastic album. Great songs. Great voice. Great piano & string arrangements.

9 Likes

Testaments debut album is a thrash classic. Especially lead guitarist Alex Skolnick rips it up.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/qEWGPav.png

13 Likes

Released today…

https://i.imgur.com/qy6j0bL.png

Check out Jazz, Man and Leave The Light On on YouTube. It’s worth it…

12 Likes

This album is all the more haunting, when you consider the albums title and that Drake’s tragic death (deemed suicide by the coroner) occurred five years after release.

8 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/vddxnZd.png

9 Likes

2 Likes

Qobuz is great for music discovery. I’ve been listening to this album and like it very much. Check out the David Rodigan’s playlists if you are into Reggae. Cheers

1 Like

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-636592455082378790

4 Likes

Enjoying an 80’s throwback Friday with this excellent Remaster. 16 all over again!

7 Likes

Damn I loved/love Soundgarden! Euphoria Morning too.
Saw Audioslave live.
Still gutted.

1 Like

Interesting thanks.Listening to ‘The Party’ which seems to be the only material on tidal. 5 discs worth… 1st track punky :0)

1 Like

Fascinating. The title track is a great illustration of the power of mastering.

I didn’t care for Eurythmics in the 80s because the heavy synth stuff bored me.
Later I discovered Lennox.

This remaster, with the clarity and purity of her multi-tracked singing, with the synth downplayed.
Totally different from the 2005 remaster, on Boxed and Ultimate Collection: heavy and 80-ish.

The comparison shows the failure of the loudness wars, the new version is softer and a whole different thing.

@AndersVinberg Just checking; 2005 was an expanded reissue, not a remaster though?

Disc 1 to 6 are the 5 studio albums and one live album.
Disc 7 & 8 are respectively an EP and a best of with a never released track.
Enjoy the ride! :slight_smile: Watch the lyrics they are all written by Pye Dubois, the guy that also wrote the lyrics for the Rush track ‘Tom Sawyer’ and the Max Webster/Rush cooperation ‘Battle Scar’.

1 Like

Guitarist Nels Cline debuts a new band with the Blue Note Records release of Currents, Constellations featuring The Nels Cline 4, an intrepid unit that builds upon Cline’s acclaimed collaboration with guitarist Julian Lage by adding the fierce and versatile rhythm section of bassist Scott Colley and drummer Tom Rainey. Of all the rich and varied projects guitarist Cline has pursued since his emergence as a leader in the late-80s, his two-guitar duo with Lage, documented on the 2014 Mack Avenue album Room, ranks among the most special.
“When Julian and I started playing together it kicked my ass hard,” Cline told JazzTimes around the time of Room’s release. “At the same time it inspired me and refreshed my soul.” Lage, for his part, declared he had “found his people” playing with Cline: “At last I found a scenario where…you could be free and adventurous, you could utilize sound and be extremely melodic and evocative.” “Even in the earliest days of the duo we used to say, ‘I wonder what we’d do if we ever had a rhythm section,’” Cline recalls…

10 Likes