What we are listening to [2018]

RoonShareImage-636798075962732160

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-636798075370039960

5 Likes

Pointless fact. The thread’s not titled what format are we listening to Chrislayermqa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-636798077574422213
The Gentlemen of HM Chapel Royal, Hampton Court Palace and their director Carl Jackson make their Resonus Classics debut with this album of works for lower voices by Thomas Tallis – himself a Gentleman of the Tudor Chapel Royal serving under four monarchs.

Recorded in the impressive surroundings of the Chapel Royal where the choir is resident, this first album with The Gentlemen presents works for four and seven voices including the Missa Puer natus est nobis based on chant for Christmas Day, and the sumptuous Suscipe quaeso Domine.

7 Likes

These covers are GREAT, both of them.
Great tributes.

1 Like

Album: The Cabin Project
Artists: Kira Skov / Marie Fisker
Label: Stunt Records
Release: 2014

A foggy November dawn might be a better fit for the Cabin Project but it’s nice listen in December too.

RoonShareImage-636798079479405490

BTW browsing what’s available from the Danish Stunt Records label at qobuz revealed quite a few gems, at least to my ears …

6 Likes

Well, I choose to say if it’s MQA or MP3 or anything that’s not CD. 1. Because I am listening. 2 Others May choose to know the format so they can enjoy it or avoid it.
Like it or not, MQA is a ‘thing’, it is relevant in my view as it differentiates from other formats.

You can say Voldemort you know :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

I am perfectly well behaved. And you are not presenting facts, you’re soliciting.
You are welcome to flash your subjective opinion, but in every fecking post?

2 Likes

:clap::love_you_gesture:
Thank you. This constant propaganda in nearly every post is really exhausting.

1 Like

Facts are facts, if you don’t like MQA; so what! Avoid the content I may make you aware of. I have every right to be here and say what format an album is in. If it was clearly displayed on the image, I wouldn’t have to state it, but it would be there.

I have no idea why you are so hostile to this. Ahh well… enjoy your evening. :sunglasses:

RIP my fellow Manchunian…

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-636797995404683194

1 Like

Album: Arriaga & Voříšek: Symphonies
Artists: Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Charles Mackerras
Label: Hyperion
Release: 1995

RoonShareImage-636798232785586570

2 Likes

And another Symphony to finish the concert evening …

Album: Mendelssohn: Sinfonie a-moll op. 56, "Schottische Sinfonie"
Artists: Gewandhausorchester Leipzig, Kurt Masur
Label: Eterna
Release: 1988

RoonShareImage-636798263440939330

2 Likes

Hermann

2 Likes

FYI, the referenced portion of the track begins at 2:15.

3 Likes