What we are listening to [2019]

RoonShareImage-636833722135014383

2 Likes

It’s easy to get overfamiliar and bored with stuff, and forget a lot of greatness. So I just put ECM on Shuffle. Wonderful. (And I never Shuffle.)

Btw, this is the complicated label focus necessary to catch all ECM albums (bookmarked).

Btw, the most recent are new albums they just mailed about, only singles released on Tidal so far.

EDIT I didn’t used to be that excited about Joe Lovano, but in recent years I’ve heard more stuff that interested and impressed me. And I was impressed when Wayne Shorter got the Kennedy Center Honors award for his lifetime achievements, they put together a band to celebrate his music, and they tasked Lovano with playing the sax part in front of Shorter. Now, this new album, Trio Tapestry with Marilyn Crispell and Carmen Castaldi, is stunning.

6 Likes

1 Like

Have you heard the Whits Glove restored MQA Version?

RoonShareImage-636833971663651240

2 Likes

If you mean the MQA version, then, unfortunately yes. My rip is from the hybrid MQA Master and SACD disk. The MQA sounds downright nasty, shrill and plastic-y to my ears. DSD is the only way to go for this, imho.

What?! It sounds amazing on my system. Absolutely stunning…

Tinker…

Somehow I just knew you were going to say that! :laughing:

3 Likes

Chris and MQA
Sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

3 Likes

Well you can’t say it’s plasticy because it isnt and then consider the people who made it restored it, you have to question your system or your definition of plasticy.
It’s ok, I like the jokes at my expense… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sitting in a fake plastic tree? Wears him out. :smile:

2 Likes

Gotta love Shelby Lyn we saw her last year with Alison Moorer. Very special.

1 Like

Released 25 years ago this week…

RoonShareImage-636834142622202982

2 Likes

2 Likes

What an album too!

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes