What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

Enjoying this :slight_smile:

NĆŗria Rial has the perfect voice for baroque repertoireā€¦ so lovely.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. Will give this a spin later.

1 Like

Another of todays to try.

2 Likes

Those oldies occasionally pop up in my feed. I just canā€™t get on for herā€¦trying to be somebody trying to make a name for herself 40 years younger. I have never watched their vids, (I feel sick), but the titles are kinda funny givenā€¦ummmā€¦their age. Guess if itā€™s about making a buck, they are likely going about it the right way. Cause I donā€™t think they are about to start recording career and doing worldwide tours. :rofl:

7 Likes

It was posted over in the soundtrack section by @Tobias_Imbach

Here:

2 Likes

Scrolling through my library and felt the need for an early(ish) hit from The National.

RoonShareImage-637511830930911320

7 Likes

6 Likes

This hasnā€™t had an airing for a while.

6 Likes

Wow, what a great album. It has an awesome blend of Jazz and Rock with Billy Cobham just killing the drums!

8 Likes

20 years agoā€¦

5 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

And THAT Massive Attack ā€œsampleā€, pretty much the whole songā€¦

We often talk all things Bill Callahan, Mark Linkous, most recently Kurt Wagner and so on, but not often Jason Lytle. :thinking: I do place Grandaddy with the associated bands of those artists, although I think they fit a little neater alongside The Flaming Lips more often than not.

This is perhaps their ā€˜masterpieceā€™

Grandaddy
The Sophtware Slump (2000)
Grandaddy

Jason has released a few albums under his own name - this was his first & the only one I own. Iā€™m quite interested in hearing his retake on the above, released this year: The Sophtware Slump on a Wooden Piano.

Jason Lytle
Yours Truly, The Commuter (2009)

Jason

4 Likes

Blackwater Park brought me here, not surprisingly.

3 Likes

Right I just finished listening to it for the 3rd time, I had to crank it up :rofl:

1 Like

This is one gorgeous albumā€¦ all comes togetherā€¦ beautiful playing on a set of the most precious and wonderful sounding instruments on Earth, and great recording and sound engineeringā€¦

1 Like