What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

Great album; she’s really evolving her sound and persona.

2 Likes

David Gray’s new effort…

1 Like

2 Likes

Yep, guilty as charged! I’ve been listening to Reinhard Goebel’s releases lately, posting as I go. I’m glad folks are enjoying this great music…

3 Likes

Kansas still going strong.
Listening to their 2016 album, just before that it was a 75 album, Song For America.
You can tell it’s very much still the same band despite a few lineup changes.

4 Likes

The Astonishing is … Well it is quite astonishing!

A remarkable opus even by DT standards!

1 Like

6 Likes

Enjoying this new release. Multi instrumentalist and singer with links to the U.S. Girls.

RoonShareImage-637519662771098640

14 Likes

Did somebody say Opus? :grin:
Yes it is incredibly long and quite Astonishing

Will require a few listens I imagine to get fully to grips with as I only purchased today, as I found it 24/96 and thought they probably have the capacity to make it shine with the additional resolution

1 Like

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/WjLQB8U.png

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dAo4nenpo

3 Likes

4 Likes

More classic prog rock still kicking!

2 Likes

This is outstanding! I’ve been experimenting with a subwoofer this weekend and the organ, violin, cello/viola da gamba and lute here are absolutely beautiful. The organ and violin on the first track, The Annunciation, are absolutely magical. Did I say, I really like it?

1 Like

Some prog metal to rock me to sleep…

2 Likes

1 Like

I vaguely remember Heartbreaker being an album I bought just for the single Wishing Well. I had more than a few albums just for a single song. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Free were essentially done by Heartbreaker with Kossoff spiralling out of control and Andy Fraser had already left. Wishing Well is a great song though, and well worth buying the album for :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Well I’m already listening to ‘69 Grateful Dead so may as well jump into the 70s.

1 Like