What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

A few listens in and it’s another good album, and this track is classic Lana Del Ray.

8 Likes

7 Likes

I’m a big a Tove Lo fan and bought all her albums but this one, I hated it, then I listened to it a few times and went Coco for Coccoa Puffs, and fell in love with it, its now my Fav and I bought it, even though it was only available in an MP3 version. I’m mad that I can only hit the heart button once :grinning:

RoonShareImage-637519913200545880

Only on the third song…simple soundtrackish. But pleasant.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Well this was not expected when I put this Metal album on. An excellent cover of a favourite Ultravox song :+1:t2:

1 Like

5 Likes

On Tidal this appears to be released this coming Friday 26th…

Thank you Sander! Mike Fentross has released similar albums in past years; the one I like most is this one with Mike on vihuela and theorbo, and Maarten Ornstein on bass clarinet… On some tunes, the plucking of the bass strings on the theorbo and deep bass notes on the clarinet make for a surprising sound.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Nice accordion play

7 Likes

There’s something rotten in Denmark about Roon’s new release scheduling. Is this Roon’s idea of the release date or Tidal’s? There have been some issues with Qobuz releases making the catalogue on schedule, but Tidal seems well behaved. Could be an American thing? It sounds nice anyway, just coming to the end now.

1 Like

The release date shows in the Tidal App, so it seems this has not been released on Tidal yet - at least in my neck of the woods…

Vivaldi’s orchestral music gets a lot of air time; his chamber music less so. Here’s a ear-opening recording of his Op. 2 violin sonatas, featuring veteran baroque violinist Elizabeth Wallfisch:

RoonShareImage-637519947022799210

6 Likes

Hopefully it’ll arrive as promised, skipping through more releases today:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Bit of psych rock this morning.

1 Like

6 Likes

Now some speed/ shredder metal to wake up the neighbors!

2 Likes

What is it with 80s covers today.
Imagine a death metal cover of this 80s song from the Hooters.

Well now you don’t need to imagine it, you can listen to this and It’s great (and so is the original)

Thanks Peter for another excellent recommendation

3 Likes