What We Are Listening To [2021-04]

I have been in to Steely Dan for decades and Donald still is my favorite of the Duo.

There is a GREAT article on just the Nightfly album…posted here

8 Likes

Finally listening to the purchase I posted earlier.

Run run run away! Sounds so good, not sure it beats the original vinyl though. But at least I can play it everywhere now.

3 Likes

Found her using valence a couple of weeks ago and haven’t stopped listening.

RoonShareImage-637553830899545744

1 Like

3 Likes

Lila Downs sings in English and Spanish, but mostly in Spanish. She sings a Pan Hispanic style that includes and mixes Mariachi, Tex-Mex, Banda and Norteña music.

RoonShareImage-637553843976591649

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637553852132676064

1 Like

512Da6yJeyL

8 Likes

A couple of long awaited purchases.

3 Likes

How do they compare to Big Thief and/or her recent solo work?

They are wonderfull she can’t put a foot wrong. They are much more pared back, just her and guitar mainly. Had them via Tidal but since I ditched that they have been on my to buy list. Which is too big. Bought too many this last week already.

1 Like

Something’s going to have to give :wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

Got house stuff to deal with to this month. Going to have to par back my music spends and just use Qobuz and Spotify for a while whilst I sort it out not as if I’ll run out of stuff to listen to. But saying it is much easier said than doing it for a weak willed male.

1 Like

Roon > Qobuz > 44.1kHz 24bit > Upsampled - 705.6kHz > SMSL M400 > Topping A90 > Hifiman Sundara Balanced

1 Like

I know what you mean. The release of a new Teenage Fanclub album got me looking at their back catalogue. I’ve got their first six albums on CD (they’re also on Qobuz), but the three following albums are not available on Qobuz.

I do like those earlier albums, particularly Grand Prix, so thought I’d get the unavailable ones on download. Easier said than done as I couldn’t find them on Bandcamp. I eventually tracked them down on the Merge Records website and my collection is now complete.

The net result of all of this is that I’m now listening to…

5 Likes

Luke Haines latest, I am sure he’s getting more nuts, but he makes a catchy tune about the oddest things.

1 Like

7 Likes

1 Like

Closing this April thread down. Thanks everyone for participating in a great music discovery resource. See you in the May thread here.