What We Are Listening To [2021-05]

Start the new month with Adrianne.

8 Likes

The morning seems to have morphed into a morning for the lady’s, seemed to happen all on its own.

10 Likes

Going to give her a try this morning, I saw you posting a couple yesterday but not heard any of her stuff before, so new month, new music

You can’t reply to yesterday’s messages when the month change. TF are one of my favourite bands, a self declared Teenage Fannie, I even bought the T shirt.

Edit just checking the genres, safe to say that TF are definitely indie rock

6 Likes

Please do her later solo stuff is very intimate with last year’s being very much so, recorded in a cabin during lockdown all analogue it sounds so good given the lowfi tech used . Have you listened to Big Thief? That’s her band side of things equally superb but with more bite and rock edge. But all output solo or with Big Thief are worthy of owning.

1 Like

Ladies and guitars seem to have become 99% of my listening over the last year or so. They just hit the right spot and seem to be consistently brilliant.

2 Likes

No nothing yet, I have her lined up after Kate Bush and will be playing Abysskiss first but I will try another later as well

1 Like

I don’t seem to let any type of music drive my listening for too long, this morning will be all ladies and then it it might move off to 80s pop or Rock or even death metal. Depends on the first album and the mood and how it goes from there.

Saturday and Sunday morning seem to be made for the Solo female artists though as I try to sit and read for a while before kicking the day off

17 Likes

Why not carry on to Big Thief. Need a coffee to accompany this one though.

7 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

This track just gives my goosebumps.

2 Likes

Last track before gardening commences. Just for you Carl @killdozer :wink:

4 Likes

Sadly Simon Abysskiss did not hit the mark for me at all.
I realised that I listened to Masterthief previously (probably after you posted it), not sure why it also misses but I will try the latest stuff later.

RoonShareImage-637554654624063950

7 Likes

5 Likes

I’m enjoying their new album. It doesn’t really break new ground musically but the lyrics capture the weight of growing older whilst mournfully looking back at the past.

6 Likes

Discovered this artist through a review of his new album, out next week. This is his last one and is worth a listen. The genre tags capture it quite well.

3 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes