What We Are Listening To [2021-08]

This is excellent.

Like all Rachel Grimes stuff it’s hard to pin to a genre. Avant Garde perhaps? It follows well from the Poppy Ackroyd I listened to earler. There’s a track on here called “Hollis”. The album does at times have a slight Talk Talk atmospheric feeling but I’ve no idea whether that’s what they were implying.

3 Likes

Thanks @Rockhound for pushing this album hard :roll_eyes:
I finally gave it a go on headphones after midnight and it is a wonderful recording. Giving it a second listen now on speakers.

7 Likes

I have this on vinyl from RSD2 but thought id share anyways

Then, out of intrigue I listened to this at breakfast this morning, unexpectedly groovy

8 Likes

7 Likes

An equally enjoyable follow on album

10 Likes

Is the quality meant to be that bad , some tracks are just grating

Or is it me ???

5 Likes

2 Likes

The mixers have gone for a specific sound - I think it works fine. I can clearly hear the vocal and the instruments. A more rocky/noisy sound is OK for this album (different based on style of each track), not everything should sound like the London Philharmonic Orchestra :slight_smile:

So the answer to your question: it is you :joy:

Dynamic range of album is 8LU (R128). Some tracks are actually up in 18LU (R128) (track 3 as an example).

Intelligent, well crafted songs. Good band and good sound quality. Her best album to date. If you like Laura Marling etc. this will be for you.

Yet another class act from Canada. They must have a secret production line up there somewhere :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Really enjoying this, and if there was ever a song written over lockdown

5 Likes

Saturday morning with Kings of Convenience. Some lovely duets with Leslie Feist.

6 Likes

1 Like

Liking this very much , thanks Tom

1 Like

3 Likes

In think I might be.

4 Likes

Now this is a superb cover of Japan’s Ghosts.

1 Like

Found Kat Edmonson in a Daily Mix and had to listen to a couple of her albums.

RoonShareImage-637634008696984542

4 Likes

8 Likes