What We Are Listening To [2021-10]

Carry On with Chris Cornell You Now My Name

7 Likes

Great discovery thank you

1 Like

9 Likes

So all good things come to an end. The end of my Stereolab retro Sundays. I’ve decided that I will go through the respective offshoots of band members for the next few Sundays and see how that goes.

8 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Currently sticking with some older music

2 Likes

Rarely does one experience an original soundtrack album that has such a strong and diverse cast. With each artist it is worth to browse further. The album brings out great musicians and some surprises. Especially when great tunes are not presented in the original. Who had Mogwai on their radar after the turn of the millennium? But first curtain call with Roon and then another note with encore from the blues realm.

Dakota, Hanging by a moment, Transatlanicims (or Waterfall), Casing cars (or Run), Blue Light (or Halah), Up!, Simpe Song, My Ony Offer, Trapped Under Ice Floes, Again all Odds, I Put a Spell on You, The Scientist, I’d Rather Go Blind… So many really good songs and artists on one album or as a reminiscent remake just great. Flowers in December sounds like Bob Dylan with the harmonica.

Have a look on Roon great pictures and more

4 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Not ‘foot tapping’ music but certainly gets the eyes wide and mouth open at times. Especially with volume cranked :grinning:

Great job by Big Hans, as usual

I don’t have a clue what this movie is about but had to check this soundtrack out when I saw the name Hans Zimmer and the album cover looked cool

4 Likes

3 Likes

Fugazi - The Argument

Sellouts!

5 Likes
1 Like

REPLICANT - Malignant Reality

One of my Bandcamp Friday purchases.

Currently available as a ‘pay what you want’ download so there’s never been a better time to get into dissonant death metal.

2 Likes

Ava Max - Heaven & Hell. Probably the best pop album in last 10 years or so (for me) :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of CM, that tracks a bit of a classic IMHO.

11 Likes