What we are listening to [2021-01 to 2021-03]

I like to play albums from 50 years ago on New Years Eve. Picking one for this thread from 1971 is tricky. There is a credible case that it saw more great records released than any other year in music history.

Tonight has seen songs from many old favourites: Sticky Fingers, Aqualung, Led Zeppelin IV, Hunky Dory, What’s Going On, Blue, LA Woman, Who’s Next, Meddle, Tupelo Honey. Masterpieces all.

But I choose this one. Songs of heartbreak, hope, love and strength as beautiful and relevant now as they were then:

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2021 to all.

38 Likes

Reading about the life of Miles Davis while listening to this wonderful live set.

Thanks to all the Roon members for the great discoveries and recommendations from last year. Happy new year 2021, looking forward to even more music during this cold season.

16 Likes

Happy new year in a few hours(7.5 approx for me)

4 Likes

Happy 2021 to everybody!

19 Likes

happy new year!

2 Likes

Another from 1970…what a year…(not quite 2021 in the UK, yet) :heart_eyes:

Happy listening & happy new year…:pray:t3:

9 Likes

Ok, from 1970 it is then.

(hope this isn’t prophetic)

5 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting tradition. I’ve got about 50 albums in my library from 1971, many that you’ve listed, many classics from artists that I consider my favorites - Elton John, Chicago, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and Yes. It was clearly a great year in music. Let’s hope for the same 50 years down the road, in music and the rest of the world as well! Cheers!

4 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

12 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Start the year right :joy:

Ok, I did wake up to Lang Lang, but this popped up and brought back memories of seeing Live in Docklands… Live. That was a while ago now, but spectacular.
Happy 2021 one and all…

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes