What We Are Listening To [2022-09]

This really is great, cant believe I am getting into Chamber Music.

2 Likes

If you want to go next level, try this:

RoonShareImage-637991367260030290

7 Likes

Not sure I am ready for that yet. But will save it for later.

1 Like

Bevis Frond – FIRE RECORDS

Next up - Going to attempt the new Nils Frahm album in one sitting!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Nice, I had a feeling that you might enjoy it. I have not listened them a lot but for me it is probably their best album.

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

Running in‘n‘out the house packing for holidays in Ligura enjoying some ripped vinly via Arc :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes it absolutely hit the spot, have 3 hours of Yes on now to keep the universe in balance :joy:

1 Like

15 Likes

2 Likes

I was trying to compare my Qobuz 24/192 files of the albums this compilation is drawn from. To my ears the originals are a few dbs louder which skews the listening experience. I thought the 2022 versions “might” sound fuller, piano more fleshed out. Interested in other listeners’ thoughts

5 Likes

Listened to them and for me it was a good but not as good as the flat masters released earlier.

I bought mine from HighResAudio. So I have local files. Bernie Grundman explained in a chat that streaming services nowadays level dynamics to a medium value. That is why for albums not Classic or Jazz I prefer local files. You can hear the whole chat here:

2 Likes

11 Likes

RoonShareImage-637995304801335940

4 Likes

Going to see them next month in Cologne. :slight_smile:

1 Like

12 Likes

What an interesting discussion! I suppose what I might do is up my Qobuz subscription for a month, buy some music that is well-recorded and well-known to me, download them to local storage, then compare those files with the same ones being streamed from Qobuz.

1 Like