What We Are Listening To [2022-09]

I do like his piano works will give it a try thanks Andreas.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Roland S Howard

Teenage Snuff Film (1999)
One would be excused for thinking Rowland may return to his Birthday Party roots (as he largely did on the subsequent Pop Crimes). Here we get largely a dark Americana-type Rowland interpretation. And there’s a great cover of White Wedding.
Teenage Snuff

These Immortal Souls
Get Lost (Don’t Die) (1987)

These Immortal Souls made up a short, but brilliant branch of the Birthday Party lineage that wrongly goes far less noticed than the Bad Seeds. (allmusic)
Get Lost

11 Likes

Nice share @CrystalGipsy It has quite a different vocal style but is a good listen

2 Likes

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-637996165149220430

10 Likes

@Chrislayeruk have you had Kate Ellis, My Girl The River or Anna Howie at the Little Rabbit Barn? Saw them last night as an acoustic trio at local community church. They are touring as ARC currently (American, Roots and Country). I think they would be a good fit.

1 Like

Quite enjoying this. It’s a 90 minute album, so I’ve got a lot to get through!

4 Likes

3 Likes

She is a wonderful musician. If you haven’t already done so, check out the YouTube Video of this performance on Cercle Channel.

Tried it but not for me, I need some substances to raise my consciousness :grin:

1 Like

Where do you think the audio came from? :smiley:

And yes, it’s all just bl**dy lovely. With or without video.

I chose my words quite carefully for my post.
I can see why some people would not like it.

Either my consciousness is always raised… or :roll_eyes:

1 Like

5 Likes

Nationalesque from Manchester new to me. Will be going through their back catalogue as been a round a while. @SukieInTheGraveyard I recommend to give these guys a go.

2 Likes

A proper double album then.

1 Like

Dresden, from the debut album - fantastic song.

1 Like

They seem to be more well known in Europe, never heard them before and I am from Manchester About to buy the latest and their 1st 2 albums. Spent so much over the last 24hours on music.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637996251360965550

“Ruins and Remains, a suite for piano, string quartet and percussion, was composed by Wolfert Breferode in 2018, to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I. Over time, however, it has come to embody meanings broader and more personal, with wide-ranging resonances. “At a number of levels, the piece has to do with grief and loss and learning to stand up again,” Dutch pianist Brederode says. There is a vulnerable but resilient quality to the music, as it hovers over its emotional terrain, with moods both bleak and guardedly hopeful. Highly sensitive playing by Brederode, percussionist Joost Lijbaart and the Matangi Quartet (increasingly regarded as one of Holland’s most adventurous string quartets), distinguish a special album recorded in Bremen’s Sendesaal in August 2021 and produced by Manfred Eicher.” (From the ECM website)

4 Likes