What We Are Listening To [2022-10]

My girls do love her. I think they like better “you should see me in a crown” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638015442145910740

4 Likes

6 Likes

I too prefer that tune.

1 Like

I prefer this any time. It’s bold and innovative. Its successor to me is too much mainstream pop.

9 Likes

2 Likes

bass here is also good for testing whether the window kit is still in order

2 Likes

3 Likes

14 Likes

Qobuz: Queer + Black (Big + Bad Edition) by Grove
Tidal: Queer + Black (Big + Bad Edition) by Grove
Spotify: Queer + Black (Big + Bad Edition) by Grove

3 Likes

6 Likes

These remasters of Ben Allison’s earlier work sound fantastic.

2 Likes

Jazz seems to be the theme :wink:
Not that I knew that when I came to post this

5 Likes

6 Likes

RoonShareImage-638015565526398880

7 Likes

I have recently posted the excellent Shostakovich string quartet cycle by the Belgian Quatuor Danel, released in 2006 on Fuga Libera. I wish to recommend still another wonderful cycle, released in four installments between 2011 and 2013 by the American Pacifica Quartet on Cedille. One distinguishing element is that every released installment includes a quartet by another contemporary Soviet composer—by Nicolai Myaskovsky, Sergei Prokofiev, Mieczyslaw Weinberg and Alfred Schnittke.

This cycle has been critically acclaimed as groundbreaking for its superior conceptualization, wonderful playing and excellent recording and sound production. In 2014 Cedille Records released a 8-CD box set with the collected releases of the cycle, which is highly recommended.

8 Likes

Been really enjoying his work since he released Psychosynthesis back in July and have purchased a lot of his catalogue on Qobuz and Bandcamp.

1 Like

Some great albums by Hidden Orchestra

1 Like

16 Likes