What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

There must be moreā€¦:grin:

1 Like

3 Likes

Whoā€™s the conductor on this?

A surprisingly tempered album by Norwegian black metal veterans Djevel.

3 Likes

Daniel Raiskin is the current conductor since 2020, have not got this so donā€™t know if he did that as that was about the time of change from James Judd

1 Like

If you spot any bargains on sale, post the details here in the topic just created. :wave:

1 Like

Itā€™s strange, isnā€™t it? Classical recordings usually mention the conductor, as he/sheā€™s the leading figure when it comes to the specific interpretation of the score. I was just wondering. Especially in the case of Ravelā€™s Bolero, thereā€™s an incountable amount of recordings, so details do matterā€¦

2 Likes

It did however remind me to play this terrific album again, so thanks @Miller_Abel! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

13 Likes

3 Likes

Iā€™m still OOH, but I also wanted to say I didnā€™t see Tom Jones coming. :crazy_face:

1 Like

14 Likes

Now I havenā€™t listened to any of my Robert Cray albums in some time :thinking:

But I donā€™t have this one and I see it on Qobuz at 24/192 :+1:

1 Like

While most are familiar with the Vietnam War protest song that won this group widespread recognition, their first album, in particular the mono version, is a nice listen. I have Roon to thank for inspiring me to go back and explore the entire catalogues of some of those classic artists.

10 Likes

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is a quad version that Iā€™m listening to. It brings a surprising freshness to an album Iā€™ve heard a gazillion times.

15 Likes

His best album by far IMO.

1 Like

Yes as I am now reading.
I didnā€™t discover him until Donā€™t be afraid of the Dark.

Itā€™s up next in the queue so will probably get played while I have my morning coffee.
Thanks for the recommendation :+1:

RIP.

2 Likes