What We Are Listening To [2022-11]

4 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Nice debut album from a band that have three former Obscura members. @Henri, I’m almost sure you already have listened this but if not, maybe check it out.

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

I recently came across Alex G due to his work on the soundtrack to the below oddity.

I wouldn’t recommend that as a good starting point. Maybe try the below.

2 Likes

Nice choice Michael. I’m completely obsessed with Camp Cope at the moment.

2 Likes

After yesterday’s posting of tenThing, the all-girls brass band, today’s posting shows off the all-boys counterpart from Vienna—phil Blech Wien or philharmonic brass Vienna. I came to this release from last May through Olivier Latry’s discography… Olivier plays the grand organ of the Vienna Musikverein, accompanying the brass band. The resulting sound is altogether gorgeous and powerful, beautifully captured my DG’s recording engineers.

6 Likes

Yes this is certainly a very pleasing album to listen to.
I went on a little spree on Bandcamp yesterday and bought it after listening to it several times since I first saw it posted last week.
Turned out that several of the albums had been out multiple months, but I had not listened to them, and that can be the real challenge when so much music is released each week.

I will try and check out more of their work once I have given the new purchases a good burn in :grin:

1 Like

Another of this year’s slow burner’s.
Has gotten better and better as I have listened to it over the last few months

3 Likes

Starting my jounrey through SAULT’s five new albums. If they’re all as good as this, I’ll be a happy camper. They’re only available (at present) as lossy files, but the SQ is excellent.

6 Likes

Got to say I frowned when I saw that dreaded yellow low quality symbol.
But is was anything but low quality music so thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

4 Likes

They sound pretty impressive upsampled to dsd512😎

2 Likes