What's coming in Roon OS 2.0 (not Roon 2.0, but Roon OS 2.0)?

A working system, please.

I Know you have just been through a painful experience, but I do not see Roon pushing this out to current userā€™s like a Roon update.

But then again I could well be wrong :see_no_evil:

It also contains bugs - the CD Ripping function doesnā€™t work properly.

A post was split to a new topic: Group different kinds of endpoints / LivePhish+

Based on recent leveldb ā€œdiscussionsā€ Iā€™m adding ā€œmore reliable data storageā€

In ROON OS 2.0 please deploy it with a reliable filesystem like ZFS or even Btrfs. Or, at least, use some of the more robust ext4 options like checksums and block journaling.

2 Likes

@danny Itā€™s funny, I know this is now likely well down the tracks and you donā€™t need any more input, but I found myself thinking about it a bunch.

I think if it does:

• UEFI
  • more machine/os stats on web ui

Iā€™ll be really quite happy. Iā€™d put in a vote for ā€œalerting on hardware issues or system instabilityā€ as well, so basically the push version of ā€œmore machine/os statsā€.

6 Likes

@danny any news? I am waiting for UEFI support

7 Likes

Yes, yes,yes!

1 Like

I would like to see chromecast ui on hdmi and power over ethernet POE or HDMI CEC

Wouldnā€™t this apply to the hardware and not the OS? Just asking.

we are almost a year in and still no inkling as to when this new OS2.0 might surface.

2 Likes

Yes I keep checking back here as still without roon as broken nuc and not easy to find an older one :frowning:

Any number of GEN8s on Amazon. Hereā€™s just one example.

GEN8 is the sweet spot. Anything above that to run ROCK is just overkill.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the UK not US

Is it though? Iā€™d go gen7 i7 for its bigger single core performance, better heat management and (if it matters to you) lower power requirements for a PSU.

I have no idea what most of these things mean but I love Roon and am glad I switched from Sooloos!

3 Likes

Plus, 7th gen actual can actually use the internal wifi.

1 Like

Yeah, but rarer than henā€™s teeth, now.

1 Like

Itā€™s a scam, donā€™t send @danny any money. He isnā€™t really a Prince nor a stuck at an airportā€¦ :grinning::smiley:

I know, but, that is what I am using for my ROCK NUC. Been solid for years. And, no, I donā€™t use WiFi, other than just to test it out once.

1 Like