What's coming in Roon OS 2.0 (not Roon 2.0, but Roon OS 2.0)?

I feel this is important, see my link post below …

8 Likes

Excellent suggestion for ROCK.

A single line on the web interface, just below Database utilization (highlighted)

Given there is no advanced memory management in the ROCK implementation, in terms of virtual memory in ROCK, this metric would tell ROCK users if there was a requirement to increase the available RAM for the RoonOS and Roon Core stack.

1 Like

I’ve only really dipped in and out of this thread occasionally, so apologies if this’s been mentioned before, but a check on the OS drive (and any internal drive) would be handy, to forewarn users of impending doom - maybe a simple interpretation of S.M.A.R.T. info with a display on the web page?

Michael

1 Like

Any news about an ETA of Roon OS 2.0? Just curious :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No this now was not curiosity… it still be ready… now… because too many years too wait… Roon OS is bad and without any functionality, it has to be improved soon!

Nope it’s perfect, IMO it should be left as is.

EDIT: actually, minor correction, UEFI should be added. Thats it.

Besides UEFI boot and support for the current NUCs, which can be taken as a given, what functionality would you like adding?

Danny listed some of the possibilities… and invites comment on what users would like to see implemented …

many post about new functionality… just read back.

I’m interested in what you would like to see, not what others have asked for, I’ve already read all those posts.

4 Likes

Troll. No constructive comment. What’s the point of a response other than to feed the troll?

If he is a user then his opinion is valid. His bluntness may simply be down to the fact English isn’t his first language. Asking him what he’d like to see is the right way to deal with this IMO. The reality is ROCK has the least functionality of any OS capable of running Roon Core. That is in part by design, but his statement is correct.

New to rock, only just installed it over the weekend, so please forgive me if I’m asking the obvious :sunglasses:

I’m currently running my rocknuc against a Synology, been a happy DSAudio user for years, and have connected rock via SMB to my Synology music folder.

To improve rock performance and create a backup at the same time I’m planning on copying my music to the rocknuc via rsync. So my 1st wish for OS2 would be rsync :sunglasses:

2 Likes

no comment… really… no comment.

yes english is not my language… but the statement is that rock has basic functions…
I would like to have a better web interface with some functions.

What functions? The more specific you can be the more helpful your contributions are. We are not mind-readers.

2 Likes

ok. a function that I would to have… a webserver…
with this I can make a frame with ALL homesystems… and without any client I can use system and stream with the server everyplace in my home.

Why not log into the console of the Synology and perform your rsync from the source?

It really sounds as if RoonOS is not for you. Why not use an operating system of your choice where you can add any functionality you’d like?

Please keep the “appliance” perspective of RoonOS.

2 Likes

ohh when I ask a functionality someone say that roonos is not for me…
so I have to shut up and let professors speaks for me.
and get their insults…

why I am not using an operating system? because it has not the web interface and not the functionalities that I would like to see in roonOS
and I want to see roonOS growing and renewing.
that’s it.

Can’t do without having the rsync service run on the receiver side …

Roon OS is designed to be as minimalist as possible.

Other than support of extensions without having to run a node.js process elsewhere and UEFI the only other thing I might consider it needs is a temp indication for processor fanless operation monitoring.

Maybe support multiple volumes internally connected via SATA would be nice too.

2 Likes