What's Rocking You Tonight? [2021-07]

First time for a spot of music today.
If you can get over the pretensious name and outfits Angel were actually quite good.

4 Likes

I felt compelled to look for this but it is not on Qobuz. For my money, nothing ever made me cringe in terms of outits like this did

And I like the music.

7 Likes

Funny how we are sometimes drawn to the macabre despite our best intentions!
:innocent:

1 Like

No outfits here…

1 Like

A great album by one of the best modern day hard rock acts… IMHO :grin:

3 Likes

Revisiting one of my favourite albums from 2020.

3 Likes

A Dio concept album…first time I have heard this one!

3 Likes

I have seen Twisted Sister and Dee Snider live at Wacken and they were so much better than on their studio albums, really day and night. Pretty awesome really. I was very surprised the first time! It was unexpected for me. On both occasions they played a lot of their more heavy earlier material, which I know well, and added just a few of their more well known songs.

The two most unexpected great live performances I ever saw, were Twisted Sister and… wait for it… Tom Jones. Believe it or not. Tom Jones sounded totally awesome and even played a few heavy rock tunes. And damn, that sounded great! He took the audience by storm. Really. If you doubt this, look on YouTube for his performance with Janis Joplin.

2 Likes

I think Twisted Sister may have suffered from a bit of lost credibility with the costumes and the MTV era (when MTV actually played music.) Could just be my perception.

The Tom Jones video is classic. Your story reminds me of one a friend told me as were driving to KISS farewell tour #14 or something. His wife had dragged him kicking and screaming to a Rod Stewart concert. He said it turned out to be a rocking show. At one point he brought a young girl up on stage and was singing to her. Had all of the women swooning. He said at that point he exclaimed “You are the man!”

1 Like

Too funny about Tom Jones!
I saw him in Vegas, ( I was dragged to it by a significant other) and it was totally awesome…lol.
A real shocker!

2 Likes

No, no, I fully agree with that statement. That’s exactly why I was shocked to see them rock so hard at Wacken.

I know! One of the resident black metal guys likes Tom Jones. :rofl:

“There is no such thing as a guilty pleasure.”

~ Me

2 Likes

Joe Walsh in fine form…

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is actually pretty good for a late Riot offering.

2 Likes

Really liking this lot - maybe should be in the metal section, but I’ll put it here since it is kind of stoner rock/metal with some doom metal.

2 Likes

Finish the night off with this workout…

4 Likes

This is a stellar album.

1 Like

Not listened to enough Biffy recently.
Always puts a smile on my face

3 Likes

Such a great band - seen them a couple of times over the last few years in Vancouver in really small venues with a couple hundred people, just amazing shows.