What's Rocking You Tonight? [2021-12]

I have the PHD version of Little Suzy on 7 inch vinyl. Jim Diamond (singer) had a few successful singles in the UK as a solo artist.

2 Likes

Dug this out today. ‘Central Park’ is still a favourite.

4 Likes

This album is awesome!

1 Like

3 Likes

Very enjoyable…

4 Likes

3 Likes

I posted it a few days ago, but in the Metal thread. No need to be sorry. More important you’ve found something new you like or you’ve got a great album brought back to mind.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve listened to this epic on repeat today. It’s close to being my favourite album of the year so far.
No filler, great songs and lyrics, amazing tone on the guitar. Nick Saloman (Bevis Frond) is an unsung hero :sunglasses: Plays all instruments…apart from drums on one song.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I lived in a Brutalist council estate when I was in my teens - not the Ferrier Estate where Nick took the album cover photo, but the sentiment rings true.
My old flat/apartment, demolished 15 years ago. Some great memories :grinning:
CAS
Give this album a chance :+1:
The Bevis Frond - interview with Nick Saloman | The Bevis Frond (louderthanwar.com)

6 Likes

With that cover :grin:

Ok I will give it a try

3 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Harris . My opinion is that first listen on headphones is not a good representation. This album needs the space of a pair of speakers…at a decent volume. :grinning:

2 Likes

Nigel I have added it to my library and 8 will try it in the hotel room Tonight

Edit: listening now and it’s pretty good

1 Like

Yeah, this is getting a lot of listens and love from me as well. Headphones currently my only listening means but yes, it’s best loud through speakers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time for the madman to cometh :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Haven’t heard their Silver Talon’s 2018 EP, so I’m enjoying it now!

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637741517399474314

3 Likes

Liz Phair

Liz Phair

Erschienen bei Capitol Records am 1. Januar 2003

Rock • 14 Tracks • 49m 57s

1 Extraordinary

3 Likes

What a great new prog release for this week! Listening for the second time today!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Ryan. Just added and will listen shortly

3 Likes

For those hip to the latest Bevis Frond release, this overlooked gem shares some similar influences…

https://i.imgur.com/G3kYNZg.png

" In 2015, London-based Bromide got their electric shoes back on with new bass player Hugo Wilkinson joining long-term collaborators, singer-guitarist Simon Berridge, and drummer Ed Lush.

• Again, stuffed full of pop delights struggling to reach the three-minute mark – such as “Two Song Slot”, the story of a disastrous open-mic encounter turning into a last-minute victory and “Tale To Tell”, a conscience-pricked near perfect example of the Bromide sound written in the studio while recording – the album also sees the band begin to stretch their wings a bit. *

*“Magic Coins” has an unexpected almost drum and bass inspired rhythm track while title track “I Woke Up” is a six-minute Doorsian odyssey. Elsewhere Patti Smith’s “Dancing Barefoot” is given a thorough work out, plus there are contributions from the rhythm section with Lush writing the music for both “I’ll Never Learn” and “Always Now”, while Wilkinson provides a breath of fresh air in proceedings with the instrumental “Futurist Shore Leave”. With I Woke Up, Bromide have firmly fixed the songwriter onto the band and vice-a-versa. *

As one recent twitter live review summed up “They rock hard but the tunes come first: like Elvis Costello fronting Dinosaur Jr”. Ain’t gonna argue with that." [Scratchy Records]

3 Likes