What's your favorite Roon Remote device..and why?

iPad 99% of the time

Ditto. 99.9 percent on the phone, same model.

1 Like

Ipad. Android phone occasionally when I am outside. Phone is too small to be of maximum convenience and a laptop too big. Tablet is just right. I am a Windows/Android guy for everything else but the Ipad really is the best tablet. I got one for a remote for Soundcraft mixing console because they only support Apple tablets. I started using it for many more things because it just works.

1 Like

This. And through a combination of RoonCommandLine and BetterTouchTool, the volume keys work as well for Roon zones. Which in turn also means that the Ortho Remote bluetooth volume control knobs that I’ve got all over the house work with Roon.

These are a few of my favourite things…

3 Likes

Same here. For me iPad 12.9 is the perfect house companion for all my entertainment and work needs.

One of many things that thread shows is that Roon Remote is so flexible that it can be used on almost everyone’s favorite mobile device. Want to go big then use Roon Remote on a laptop or a large screen tablet like the iPad Pro 12.9. Or would you rather have Roon Remote fit in your pocket, okay then use almost any smart phone out there. On a tight budget, again no problem, just use a low cost Fire tablet. Everyone has their own favorite way to use Roon Remote and everyone appears to be quite happy with their choice. :smiley:

3 Likes

Nope I use my phone as weapon of choice as I listen in so many different rooms so it’s always with me and simple to use. I only use my pc and Mac if I am on them or need to set up some advanced stuff.

2 Likes
  1. iPhone first for me - wish ARC had zone control when on wifi :grin:
  2. iPad pro 11”
  3. Macbook pro 13” sometimes.

Surface Dial. It does just enough, and so well I hardly open the app on my desktop rig anymore.

2 Likes

First - for zone control just use the Roon Remote app.

Second - isn’t the iPhone itself the only “zone” when using the Roon ARC app?

Well thats the thing… roon remote is not a native ios app and it shows. I truly hope it will be fased out in favor of ARC. For a remote zone control is needed… but this is more a feature request :smiley:

It really depends which end point I’m using. Main system, definitely iPad Pro for ease of use ( I don’t need to find my glasses), kitchen or dining room tends to be iPhone X or my wife’s 1 but in my sculpture studio it will nearly always be M1 MacBook Air. All work incredibly well for me.

My only difficulty is controlling volume levels in the studio with wet clay messy hands. It would be very nice to configure a simple, economic puck sized rotating knob which I can easily clean with a damp cloth at the end of the day. Any ideas anyone…?

Ooops… maybe Surface Dial the answer I missed? I’ll check it out. Thanks Rod_Rodier.

Samsung S7+ tablet. Its only job is to run Roon Remote. OTT perhaps but it does the job brilliantly.

I use my Android phone if the tablet is not close by, but the whole Roon metadata journey is pure joy on a large, fast tablet.

1. Lenovo tab m10
  2. Samsung Andriod Phone
  3. Fiio M11

1 Like

An 11 inch iPad Pro with facial recognition. I just pick it up and it’s ready to go.

1 Like

Hands down and by a long strech, my IPad Pro. The pictures and texts are excellent on a good screen
My two cents…

iPad mini.

Z Fold 3, I can use it as a phone when I’m just listening to music and fold it out to edit meta data / have the full experience.

1 Like

There are some really shocking pictures in this thread so I really feel compelled to ask the mob…

For those than can…

• Portrait?

OR

• Landscape?

Personally I’m Landscape and over the top.