What's your oldest piece of audio kit still in regular use?

So no bargain basement kit allowed :slight_smile:. Wilson Benesch (autocorrect to Beneath I see) have a 180 degree philosophy I think. Well if you do it that way…180 degrees later.

Audiolab 8000A integrated Amp 1992. Gave it (passed it on) to my Son for university. It’s still in use in his homes kitchen.

A classic amongst classics.

1 Like

As a 15 year old I bought my first separates. It was a 35cm wide Akai set and I still use the tuner to this day. That’s now 36 years old.

I had one with the obligatory Marantz CD40 and Mission 760i speakers. My mate still has my Audiolab, built like the proverbial outhouse.

Also, awai, sansui (I had an awai cassette deck and Sansui amp)

You know you are a geek if you know what all the buttons actually mean…

4 Likes

Greg, Small world; the mission 760i went with the Audiolab 8000a. It was party central in his dorm. They where a little bass heavy.

Oh I forgot my 1979 Sansui AU517 amp still going strong in my sister’s house.
SANSUI-AU-517-AV
Oh and have a pair of Shahinian Super Elf’s 1986? in the loft. Recommended placement on the floor in IKEA stands, kooky.
Super_Elf_new

I think there was a law passed worldwide that said if you had the one …:slight_smile:

My Thorens TD320 from 1985 and my Sennheiser HD430 headphones from 1981.

1 Like

dahlquist DQ10s (1979) …

5 Likes

I had an AU-717 with rack ears and actually in a rack.

It was stolen in a house burglary, along with my Seiko LCD watch.

With a honest 90 wpc it’s still a good piece of equipment. The Seiko, not so much.

https://www.tonepublications.com/old-school/sansui-au-717-integrated-amplifier/

1 Like

ca-1980s Technics SL7 Linear tracker that I have owned since new…Still runs after multiple DIY repairs and mods (I put a wired line remote control for the buttons when I was in my 20’s in its early years of use), its still connected but as I have several other TT’s in the house (8 total) its not in constant use - especially with streaming now in play.

Linn LP12 with Itok tonearm and Lingo power supply. Turntable and tonearm are from the early 1980 but could be older since I picked up them up used back in the late 1980s.

Aragon 4004 power amp from the early 1990s. It has been upgraded once and repaired twice but it’s still going and still sounds great. Currently being used in my computer room system and driving a pair of Energy Veritas V2.2 Bookshelf Speakers with Energy stands and Energy subwoofer

2 Likes

Didn’t we all :crazy_face:

I had the LP12, Itok, Troica in 1986 the itok was a fairly new product then , sadly gone now , I am vinyless

My oldest kit is my Sennheiser HD800 , Audiolab M-DAC both about 7 years .

Nothing vintage these days Most the rest of my kit was WAF downsized when I retired, something to do with my penchant for 1970 rock and being at home all the time . Hence my retirement pressy of the HD800 s. :crazy_face:

Elektronika B1-01, a USSR copy of the Thorens TD 125. Left the factory May 1980, but refurbished and updated with an SME 3009 tonearm and Ortofon Bronze cartridge. Built like a cold war era USSR tank and sounds a bit like it when coming up to speed, but once in full flow it is wonderful, especially when I play the From Russia with Love soundtrack :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I thought electrostatics then went looking. I see where Kef got their 105ab ideas from.

8 turntables, is that for double quad sound? :slight_smile:

Itoks still going for decent money even today.

Where did you buy that?

1 Like