What's your preferred method of interacting with Roon when it's time for some listening

+1, @AndersVinberg! But then (also) for Siri, not just Alexa​:+1:t2::blush:

I pad 2 mini works great for me and is my preferred way of listening in my main “audiophile” system. Small enough to hold in one hand and it displays enough info.

For general listening, I use the Surface Pro 4 Roon Remote App. I’m usually reading stuff on the SP4 while I listen.

But for super critical listening I just use the Android Roon Remote App to load up an album and then put the phone down on “Phone calls only” and just listen.

iPad Air for me, for interacting with Roon. Unfortunately, computer audio is still a work in progress for me, and my digital file collection is still small, and I still hate ripping and dealing with the horrible metadata for classical. So if I just want to kick back and listen to some music I’m still more likely to turn to CD or vinyl.

1 Like

I just bought an IPad Pro (The Big one) and Roon looks amazing on it. Also I can ask Siri to launch Roon, and it does.

Enjoying this just now.

2 Likes

I purchased roon just so as I could use it on my galaxy pro 12.2. Didn’t want to get screen burn on my plasma ( panasonic zt65). Only one week in and I’m eally enjoying it so far!

1 Like

If I’m working at the laptop, then ROON at the laptop.

If not, then via tablet.

As all self loving internet users will know, a tablet is easier to hold one handed, which is what I prefer to use when chilling and listening (chilistening Ronnie?) BTW Ronnie nobody actually believes that you chill!

In preferential order:

Yoga Tab 8
Nexus 9
Yoga Tab 10
Surface Pro
Android Phone

Cheers
Tom

^^ This.

But with a MacBook Air 11" and an iPhone 6S+. :smiley:

1 Like

Me ‘n’ 1.3 are very happy together. :slight_smile:

I use a big 17" Android Tablet. It’s an older Android HP Slate 17 (with no hope of every being updated to a newer Android as far as I can tell), but it’s fine as a big, dedicated remote to make reading and viewing artwork a big, beautiful experience.

I prefer to control volume in with the Devialet remote, but all track selection and reading and so on… well, you cannot beat a big screen!

5 Likes

iPad Pro here. It also controls volume on my Meridian system.
As with the previous post, a big screen is so much better.

1 Like

Old 17" MacBook Pro. Great for googling bands and stuff while browsing through Roon. Easily controls all zones. Keeps my lap warm. I’ve been lusting after an iPad pro.