When casting, audio device refuses connection with Roon

I am running Roon 1.8 (build 764) on a MacMini M1 with Big Sur over wifi via Google Mesh setup.

Since the latest update, I have to try at least 3 or 4 times before Roon will cast to my audio devices. This happens both with NVIDIA Shield when trying to connect directly from my primary computer but also when I use the Roon remote on my iPad to connect with my Google Nest wifi speaker. This is a new bug that did not happen previously.

The first two times there is no response but on the third try I get an error saying the audio device refuses the connection. Then I have to wait and usually when I try again after that message I can establish a connection.

How do I fix this?

Hey @CG_Roon,

Welcome to the Roon community :wave:

I’m only sorry it’s 12 days too late…we’ve been working as fast as we can to reply to everyone, but, unfortunately reply times are not even close to what we had hoped.

I was wondering, did you try resetting your network? It may help taking a look at the article below:

Please, let me know how it goes :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.