When Did Bach's Cello Suites Get Lyrics?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Pau Casal’s recording of the six Bach cello suites; ripped from the most recent Warner release.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

roon immediately identified this when I recently ripped it, but roon’s metadata provider somehow decided that each and every track was Suite for solo cello No. 1. I edited this in mp3tag to fix that.

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes, but incorrectly - see above

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

local files

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Now that I have things with at least the correct WORK and PART , I am faced with roon and/or its metadata provider deciding that most of the tracks have lyrics. To wit, the prelude to suite 1 has the lyrics for “If I Had You”; allemande of Suite 1 gets “Skylark”, etc. You can see that each track has that little microphone logo:

Here are the lyrics for Suite No. 3, Prealudium (note that it says Suite No. 1 but it is taken from the three dots at Suite 3, Movement 1 after having mp3tagged it)

How do I get rid of this? I know it makes absolutely no difference to how roon plays these suites (we don’t suddenly hear Casals singing) but it is wrong.

2 Likes

Wow

and the second wow as I think I got different lyrics, from what movement are yours

2 Likes

I found that some tracks had the same lyrics and others had different lyrics. The ones I posted came from Suite 3 Praeludium. However, I did re-identify the album. roon offers several versions when identifing the cello suites and I found one that did not include lyrics. For the record I think it was one of the versions that had the blue cover. Weird, though, that at least one version includes lyrics.

1 Like

I’m only on tidal. All versions have lyrics. I search some lyrics and mostly Frank Sinatra, Eta Jones, etc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.