When did TheHammer get switched to AceRimmer?

@AceRimmer,

When did The Hammer get switched to Ace Rimmer? Do you play the drums?

This is like Mandolin Orange changing their name to Watchhouse. The music is still good, but it’s confusing. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Agree, I’m not clued in and missing the point.

3 Likes

I‘m confused why.

1 Like

Google worked for me.

1 Like

No he’s a character from a 90’s UK Comedy Sci-fi TV Show.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The most jumped up, farty, little smeghead it has been my misfortune to encounter.

Edit: Ace, on the otherhand? What a guy?!

8 Likes

Let’s not conflate “Arnold Rimmer” with “Ace Rimmer” … same actor, same [UK] television series (Red Dwarf) but quite different characters … check out this is Wiki link …

6 Likes

I used to have the entire Red Dwarf box set on VHS…

4 Likes

@AceRimmer probably still plays it on VHS

7 Likes

I have every single season and special on DVD…might have to look for VHS though.
Have a reputation to live down to.

5 Likes

His wife bought them as part of her Betamax escapade (made up but feels true)

I had them on VHS as well then I upgraded to DVD, not much point on the Blueray.

I suppose that the next logical upgrade would be vinyl :roll_eyes::joy_cat:

3 Likes

Just imagine rediscovering all those records in your loft…

2 Likes

Is LaserDisc close enough for you?:innocent:

3 Likes

I so miss my LaserDiscs. All the digital glare of CDs with the size/storage and time pitfalls of vinyl. Why didn’t we just stop there?

5 Likes

I was quite a Laser head back in the day…could not wait for new movies to come out or old classics…but I kept my stuff way too long and it all ended up in the trash!

1 Like

I remember scoring the top end Panasonic player for a great price at the local appliance store (remember those). You didn’t have to flip the LD over. Also had a weird option where you could make the scree different version of blocky-pixels. Why, just why Panasonic? Still I pushed that button whenever somebody new came to the house. Check out what this can do!!!

Also had a jog wheel on the remote for FF/Rew it was about as long as my forearm. Good times.

Oh, here it is…thanks Internet

3 Likes

You should see some of the prices they are asking for LD nowadays…another revival…lol.
Especially music/ concert LD.
Eye watering.
And no…I don’t own any.
In fact I don’t think I ever did.

1 Like