When I adjust volume, tracks skip

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

SK broadband South Korea/ Iptime 1004

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Atom/wifi

Description Of Issue

When I adjust volume, tracks changes all the time.

You can ignore or block the issue. BUT you can not cover the truth.

What are you using to change volume and are you talking volume in Roon or on preamp/amp?

this is the TRUTH

It’s probably your network, rather than Roon.
It usually is.

Not on my Atom which works perfectly. I’d contact naim.

Looks like an issue (skipping tracks) between the Naim Atom and Roon to me. The Support team will take it further, I’m sure.

Hi @Jungil_Han,

I know that @dylan has already been investigating you with this … I’ve just tagged him (and @support) so he is aware you have posted. As it’s the weekend it maybe Monday before he gets back to you.

Hi @Jungil_Han — Apologies for the ongoing troubles here!

As I noted in my previous PM to you:

This type of issue is not something that we are seeing widespread reports of, nor are we able to reproduce in-house, so there is something specific to your setup that is different here. We want to help, but we have to understand what makes this setup different than the other installations of Roon that do not experience this issue.

Let me propose a different method here that might work better for you:

• Reboot your Core machine
  • Reproduce the issue
  • As soon as you reproduce, make a note of the track that was playing and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Once we have the logs from your install we can take a closer look at the issue so we can better understand what’s occurring here. If you have any other theories about what may be happening here or other methods for troubleshooting this do let us know and I’d be happy to present it to the team.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.