When I enable the Firewall, Roon compatible devices on the network are no longer recognized

I have a roon core configured on macOS Monterey, but when I enable the Firewall, roon compatible devices on the network are no longer recognized. (It will be recognized if it is disabled) I think this is a bad specification for security.

Open a pinhole for roon.exe and raatserver.exe

I don’t think this thread belongs in Feature Suggestions.

The true meaning of your opinion is unknown.

Add firewall exceptions in accordance with the following:

1 Like

Of course, I read these and make suggestions.
.exe cannot be run on macOS.

There’s a nice table in the doc linked above that tells you what apps to exclude from the firewall on a Mac. To do so, go to System Preferences>Security & Privacy, select the Firewall tab, click the padlock item lower-left, unlock it with password or fingerprint, select Firewall Options, and add the apps that the table in the doc asks you to add using the ‘+’ at the bottom of the app list.

3 Likes

I see. Thanks for the detailed explanation.
However, I couldn’t find raatserver.app in my application folder only with roon.app.

I think that’s because you downloaded Roon, not the RoonServer (https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/RoonServer.dmg) which is what you want if you are planning to use your Mac as a Roon Core. If you look inside that package with Show Package Contents, you’ll see RoonAppliance.app and RAATServer.app.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice.
“RoonAppliance.app and RAATServer.app” was found after installing the roon server.
Also, as a side effect, the sound quality has been improved.

2 Likes