When I turn on the Roon app on my iMac the Nucleus freezes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core: Nucleus.
Remote: iMac OS High Sierra, 3.2GHz i3, 12GB RAM

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Oppo 205 which connects to Audio Research amp.

Description Of Issue
When I turn on the Roon app on my iMac the Nucleus freezes up during download.

I entrusted set-up to someone no longer in business, but it was definitely working but I have not used at all for more than a year.

Hi @David_Whitney,

Can you elaborate on what you’re seeing here? Can you share a screenshot?

Are you able to access the Nucleus Web UI?

Uh…Can’t seem to get screenshot to work despite seemingly following the directions; I went to Nucleus Web UI but couldn’t make any progress.
The screen I get when I select Roon says in big typeset: Software Update Needed; below that: Roon is trying to connect but it looks like one or more divices on your network need a software update. Below are two computer icons; next to first: Remote Core (Nucleus)-1.5 (build 354) stable with red exclamation point and just below a downloading bar that is frozen at about 5% point. Below is This Mac-1.7 (build 571) stable with green check markd next to it and "You have the latest version installed.

Hi @David_Whitney,

Thanks for the information here, and apologies for the delayed response on this.

From the Web UI can you reboot the Nucleus? After doing so is there any change? The Nucleus needs to be updated and a reboot should help with this.

If there is still no change, can you choose the reinstall option in the Operating System section?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.