When playing MQA 44.1 kHz tracks the Signal Path flips between Enhanced and Lossless

I have the same problem. I have a Roon Nucleus and several Roon Ready devices which all works as expected. Today I installed Roonbridge on my iMac i7 2020 and connected my portable DAC iFi Hip-Dad 2. When playing MQA 44.1 kHz tracks the Signal Path flips between Enhanced and Lossless. MQA 48, 96 and 192 kHz as well as my own hi-res files works perfectly.

I have rebooted the Mac and it did not solve the problem.

Anyone have any clue how to solve the problem?

The reason it says Enhanced is that the DAC is a full MQA decoder, and is performing the decode and render. In the first image, Roon is passing on MQA signalling, but the DAC isn’t decoding the stream.

Does it “flip” once per track or more often? Is it only MQA 44.1 kHz or other sample rates, e.g., 88.2 kHz?

Have you installed the latest XMOS drivers?

What happens if Roon is set to decoder?

Hi Martin,

I cannot reproduce the problem anymore. Suddenly all 44.1 songs plays flawlessly. This was the answer I prepared before I found out that everything works :frowning:

I have not found any 88.2 kHz song. I have tested with many 44.1 KHz tracks and it flips many times per track (every 20 seconds or something like that). As far as I understand OSX version 10.6.4 and above natively supports USB Audio Class 2.0 so no driver install is required. I have the latest version of Monteray (12.5) installed.

You can disregard this question since I cannot reproduce it.

Sorry for the disturbance,

Patrik

It happened from time to time with my ifi and Dragonfly dacs that MQA didn’t always show up in the signal path and showed as lossless. Not had it with my SMSL SU 9 thought. Usually a reboot of the core would cure the issue though and signal would once again show as enhanced.

This topic was automatically closed 1 minute after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.