When playing music to a BlueSound P300 (Pulse) music gets distorted

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
nuc5i3ryk and nuc6i5syh running ROCK Version 1.7 (build 528)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Router Asus RT-AC87U wireless and wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
BlueSound P300 (Pulse).

Description Of Issue
When using my P300 as a Roon endpoint I get distorted music (see attachments). It does not seem to be a wifi problem because I connected the P300 both wired and wireless and the issue remains.

The distortion happens both with CD’s and MQA files. When playing from the BluOS controller itself there is no distortion also when using Bluetooth there is no distortion.

I also swapped my Roon Core but that made no difference (nuc5i3ryk and nuc6i5syh both running ROCK). Another Roon endpoint does not have distortion.

Hi @Bert_van_der_Leest,

Does this behavior only happen when playing specific types of sample rates?
Do you hear this distortion when playing 44.1/16 tracks?
Are you using the latest firmware on the P300?

Hi @noris,

No, the behavior happens with all sample rates.
I hear distortion when playing 44.1/16 tracks.
I’m using the latest firmware on the P300 (3.8.3).

I recorded the same song twice. Played from within Roon (with distortion) and played from the bluos controller (without distortion) but I can not upload them here. The only attachments that are possible here are images…

Hi @Bert_van_der_Leest,

Can you please upload the files to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com and private message me a link (click my name → message)?

Hi @noris,

Sometime ago I send you a private message with a link. Did you listen to the song I recorded?

With regards,

Bert.

Hi @Bert_van_der_Leest,

Thanks for pinging me. I can confirm that the file has been received, and I have asked the hardware team to review it. This issue is currently in their queue and when it reaches the top, I or another Roon staff member will reach out to you. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.