When will KEF LS50 Wireless II be Roon Ready? [They are now!]

Now there is a new firmware available to download! But no Roon Ready.

Ah yes. That’s ok. Still got 3 weeks to fulfill their promise.

1 Like

After the update KEF to version V1.6 I have a problem. When I push Play in the Roon app (with the KEF WII speakers in standby mode) I get the message: “audio device refuses Roon input”.
Pushing again the Play button then everything works oke. I use KEF in the chromecast mode.

Same issue here.

Yes, three is a crowd. Same here

Not surprisingly, same here. I find them slower to come out of standby – when I initiate playback over Airplay, the first few beats are missed. I guess this has to do with the Primary/Secondary speaker sync mentioned in the release notes. I can’t remember thus happening at 1.5 – but Secondary was a bit slow in latching on sometimes.

Oh well. There’s music. It sounds great. And I’ve got my KC60 dialed in.

Life is good, most of the time.

Then better wait for 1.7 with hopefully Roon Ready Certification. Meanwhile enjoy the music :wink:

2 Likes

They are slightly slower out of standby for that reason, yes.

I’ve also replicated the Chromecast wake-up from Roon on 1.6, so have forwarded to the team to have a look at :+1:

Same problem here.

The app for iOS is improving with expert mode, love the fact I can specify my KEF subs.

And multiple EQ profiles too - very useful.

I live in a small apartment complex, so I have a profile to act as a pseudo night mode for television watching when I don’t want to annoy the neighbours. So much easier when it’s just a couple of presses and a swipe to get it loaded in.

1 Like

Yeah. This update shows the app is improving.

Dear Ben,
Hope you’re doing fine.
I noticed I still have the Android KEF connect app v1.5. Speakers are 1.6
 1.6 Is not available in the Playstore while the releasenotes state that it should be
 Do you have a clue?

Kind regards,
René Kamphuis

Hey Rene, I think it might be a phased release. If it isn’t auto updating, then you may be able to manually update it if you’ve already downloaded the app. I know that’s the case with iOS, anyway.

Thanks Ben, than I will be patient. It is not available in the Playstore (the iOS version is 1.6 though)

Why using a USB to connect M500 with LS50? and such cheap DAC like M500 should really produce good sound quality?

Cheap doesn’t mean bad necessarily. Topping (for example) makes quite ok DACs and if the combination works for a pleasant sound I don’t see the problem.

1 Like

Half way there! Within 15 days this community can dissolve itself, enjoying the full powers of Roon and it’s LS50W2’s :loud_sound: :smiley:

4 Likes

Did Kef specifically say 2021 :wink: ?

3 Likes

i have asked myself the same question :yawning_face:

1 Like