When will Nucleus v2 be available?

I’m not sure everyone understands TDP. That’s peak draw not idle and is dependent on workload. Higher TDP doesn’t guarantee higher draw for the same workload compared to 7th gen.

It’s my understanding its pretty much the same core design so if roon uses 2 cores, then it will use 2 cores. The higher TDP is to account for the increased core count of 8th gen.

What Intel NUC boards are used in Roon Labs Nucleus/Nucleus+ Rev B?
Intel® NUC Board NUC7i3DNBE/ Intel® NUC Board NUC7i7DNBE ?

1 Like

The question is rhetorical :slight_smile: .

Why? You know the answer already? If yes, please share :slight_smile:

Compare rear view :wink: :

2 Likes

That’s one gorgeous looking case :smiley:

1 Like

I can get the board in question to draw ~23w maxing out just 1 core. Intel will adjust power as needed… maxing out 4 cores will result in less performance per core.

Have you done tests using the same load on both boards and tested power draw? I don’t mean cpu at X percent as one may get the same work done with less CPU utilisation than the other.

Its also worth noting draw for the same given clock speed to make things fairer.

I wonder what they both idle at?

Only to max it out.

any news on when the new redesign will be available in the UK? Made some enquires last week with some retailers but could’t get an answer.

They shipped to our UK distributor late last week.

Any chance the case will be sold separately? It’s Good advertisement for Roon either way! :slight_smile:

no, it is part of the product.

1 Like

Interesting. I was told last week by my dealer (in Colorado) that my Nucleus + will not ship until the 20th.

I don’t know who your dealer is, but it’s totally possible. Units are shipping as they are made.

I don’t deal with actual orders/logistics, but there are many backorders, and I’m guessing the UK distributor was ahead of your dealer.

Ah… thank you very much. That explains it. I guess it is good to a point to have backorders.:slightly_smiling_face:

it’s horrible! we had backorders because it took longer than expected to ramp up our new production… the new units are being made in the US instead of China.

1 Like

I am fine as long as I get it about the time the dealer said. I ordered it on 8/2.

I want one… will circle back with my favorite dealer when I get back home from biz travel.

Just FYI. I received this text from one of the retailers when I enquired about Nucleus (Rev B).

What is the difference between this Nucleus and the original version?

The Nucleus and Nucleus+ models released in 2018 (now called Rev A) have the same technical ability as the later 2019 model (Rev B). In the revision, Roon Labs moved production from the Far East back into the US, changed to more eco-friendly packaging, improved production processes and changed the chassis. The principle benefit of the chassis change is it allows for access to a second HDMI port on the back panel, and increases the internal space for a hard drive from 9mm to 15mm (as of August 2019 that covers storage drives up to 5TB).

1 Like