Where did the DAC go

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zen Mk3 running InnuOS 1.4.3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear gigabit wired network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pure Audio DAC with usb to server

Description Of Issue

When I first started using Roon software my DAC showed up so I could use it as a zone to my Niles distribution wired speakers. For some reason it does not show up anymore. Help it was great having music all over house and patio.

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

Welcome to the Community!

Are the Niles speakers hooked up to the Pure Audio DAC or where exactly are they connected?
If you check your Roon Settings -> Audio tab, do you see the zone you wish to enable?

The DAC is connected via RCA cables to a Niles multi channel receiver then to speakers it was working great the DAC just disappeared from zones

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

Can you share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab?
What kind of Roon Remote are you using to control the Core in this case? Is the DAC missing from multiple Roon Remotes?

Where it is a Windows 10 box or an I-Pad pro no DAC now shows up as a zone like it used to

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

Thanks for confirming the issue is the same on multiple remotes. For next steps, please:

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

Thanks for the screenshot. I’m seeing a “Music Room” device listed there, is this by any chance the Pure Audio DAC?

Have you tried a different USB cable yet? A different port on the PC? I would try both of these options.

Do you know of anything that changed since it stopped working? Did you upgrade Windows or install any new antivirus or firewall software?

Music room is a Marantz AV8805 Pre-AMP. I have a Pangea high end USB cable to the Innuos server I set it up with high end USB cable hope this helps? has Roon had an update since I purchased? The audio on the DAC comes out to AV8805 with two class A XLR cables

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

Thanks for confirming that the Marantz is the “Music Room” zone.

I’m looking over the screenshot you provided once more and I don’t notice any “Connected to Core” section, which is strange.

Let’s try something else. If you try to temporarily plug in your Pure Audio DAC to the PC (using the same USB cable), does it show up in Roon Settings -> Audio?

This test should tell us if the DAC/Cable is the issue or if it’s the Core.

I have attached a screen shoot my google speaker shows up now it always did on I-Pad it plays music. The DAC does not show up on my computer. I am not surprised as I am sure it is not recognized by the Windows box.

Hi @Rob_Hill1,

According to the Lotus DAC5 manual, I do see a mention of a Windows Driver available for this DAC, meaning it should work with Windows. You should be able to download the driver from http://www.pureaudiolab.com/support.html.

First, let’s confirm if it works properly with Windows and then we can take a look at why it isn’t working on your Innuous Core. If the driver does not allow the DAC to show up, I would refer back to these troubleshooting suggestions:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.