Where is my safe file?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Hey ! Two problems:

• I left home for 5 days. When I came back all my library is in disorder and the file of my backup is empty !!!
    What happened?

• Previously, when I changed the title of a disk (for example to precede it with a keyword), the previous disk was automatically erased to favor the one with the new name. Now, I have two discs with different titles in two different places… Why?

Thanks.

Hi @KDM,

Can you please fill out the preformatted questions? It would be very helpful to know what kind of Core/Network you’re using to provide the best advice.

Where do you usually store the backup? You can navigate to the Roon Settings -> Backups tab to view your scheduled backup location.

How exactly is the library in “disorder”? Are you missing content? Are all of your storage location online and active? I would check in Roon Settings -> Storage to see if any of the locations are offline.

Let’s get the library back in working order and then we can look at the disk title change aspect.

I found a back up on an external drive. I reinstalled it. Everything’s working again.
All my storage is at a same place : Mac - Home - Users - Kostiamilhakiev - Music - Musique
(upload://w8LyiIA30sA1zDZYkpxUzKtRqxv.png)
(But tell me please if it is possible to erase the old deactivated Music Folder that you can see on the picture)

I had lost the new disc titles, so there were about 150 (on a total of 964) downgraded discs.
I made a new back up in Roon. I hope this one doesn’t erase itself :
Mac - Home - Users - Kostiamilhakiev - Music - RoonBackups

Thanks. Regards.

Hi @KDM,

Glad to hear that restoring from your backup has resolved this behavior!

It doesn’t look like your screenshot went through properly, can you please re-upload it using these instructions?

A post was split to a new topic: DSP active causes noise at beginning of track

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.