Where is the focus tab on a phone device?

Adam actually my first listen (so I take no credit for music taste)
I added it yesterday and now you have thrown me out of my all day 80s music Bonanza I thought I would give it a try.
Very good indeed :+1:

The Tidal track favourite issue is a bit of a mess to be fair, so I can understand you not wanting to preserve with it.

Mike

Yep. Let’s see what happens on the future. Enjoy !

An iPad or Android tablet is recommended for the best experience. I guess, the functionality on smart phones is restricted due to limited screen real estate.

Yes. That’s what I rekon but I’m still really confused as I’ve deleted albums in tidal and now they are still in Roon. Also didn’t know but what mike was saying earlier is that adding a heart to a track potentially means it’s a 1 track album. So weird. Heh ho…

Adam when your Tidal account syncs those album’s should disappear.
If not go to the my album’s view on Tidal and check that they are gone. I had some fun with this myself early on, but I think it was mostly me :wink:

Regards

Mike

Mike weird.

See the 2 screen shots - I have The national ‘im easy to find’ it my albums but not in tidal… Again this is a 1 track.album which I don’t want. So how to remove it ?

I’ve checked my iPad version and again I can’t see any where to remove it but it’s not in Tidal under albums

I have also deleted it as a track in tidal -which would make logical sense but it’s still there ?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

You need to delete it in Roon, but you can’t do this via the phone app only tablet or desktop as it limits editing to the full display apps. Not ideal but that’s where it’s at for the moment.

Tidal app and Roon work very differently due to the way Roon is integrating your favourites with local media into one database. Roon is album focused with Tracks being a subset of albums they are not generally individual entities. Tidal is not really working in this way and tracks are just tracks and are grouped under albums. In Roon tracks all belong to a release this is either an album, EP or single. Add a track it’s adding the entire metadata which ties it to the album, etc. Roon doesn’t distinguishthst your adding a single track to it your adding a track from a releasr so it’s added to albums and shows in tracks. Doesn’t help that services also group EPs under albums when they are not.

It might be there is a better way for them to handle this but at this juncture it’s what it is. Other apps are just using APIs which is a direct window to Tidal and Qobuz they don’t have a local database they are completely seperate entities. All they do is read from the services, display it and send metadata back to the services. It’s fairly basic compared to what Roons doing. Right or wrong it’s how Roons chosen to handle this.

Simon I understand and thanks for clarifying but I still can’t find the delete button on the iPad ?

I’ve clicked on the track and couldnt do it…

But Its now gone ! I think there is a lag between tidal and room for deletions. Seems to have disappeared but it’s not instant.

Thanks again

They make it deliberately hard to find to stop easy deletion as it will also remove media if local files. Go to album select edit and it’s in there. Yes there is a delay in syncing data as Roon does it at set jntervals. However you can force a refresh from with in the setting services section. Or click on the refresh icon on the Tidal section.

Weird again Simon

Same issue. Another track I deleted in tidal is stil there in Roon ? I’ve even closed room down and reopened and it’s not in tidal whatsoever under tracks or albums ?

I try refresh in tidal again

Sorry - where is the refresh in tidal ?

I use Qobuz but it’s the same. Click on sync library now. Roon does this every 5mins or so automatically but to force just click it.

Got it. Thanks !

It has synced.

Same goes for adding content to.

Strange I didn’t get notified about any of your messages which is strange.

Glad you have it sorted

Mike