Where is the jazz in my Roon Daily Mixes?

Roon Core Machine

Apple iMac 2014 Big Sur Intel core i5 8GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet Amplifi Router HD 1000 mb/s

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node 2i with ethernetcable

Number of Tracks in Library

Streaming with both Qobuz and Tidal.

Description of Issue

Since yesterday Roon My Daily Mixes only shows indie/rock-related music. Before, My Daily Mixes showed also at least two jazz playlists, like Miles Davis or Charlie Parker. I listen to jazz a lot! So where is the jazz gone? And where is the classical music in the My Daily Mixes section? Is there a way to get at least one jazz-related and one classical-related Daily Mix?

Hey @Bart_Laureij

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Daily Mixes. I took a quick look at your rotation for today and I’m pleased to see that the Heavyweight Champion, John Coltrane, made an appearance in your mixes. That was probably reassuring to see.

Your Daily Mixes are influenced by your intentional listening. What I mean by that is that behavior like searching for an artist, selecting an album to play or add to your library, then playing it is a key prompt for Roon when choosing artists or bands to use for your mixes.

Roon will create a pool of mixes and then randomize them. That means that what you’re playing from day to day may not necessarily trigger what you see the next day - or even over the course of several days.

Additionally, listening to content on Roon Radio doesn’t have the same weight. So, if you listen to Mingus Dynasty, for example, then allow Roon Radio to play music for you the rest of the day, the Mingus album will have more weight than the radio selections.

I hope this helps to explain how mixes work and what you’re seeing in your mix rotation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.